foamy fuel at the gas station

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's one station in town and I cannot get fuel there. The fuel coming out of the pump just creates foam and blows out of my tanks
I see other diesel pickups getting fuel there. it does not matter how fast or slow or where I put the nozzle. I have no problems with the other stations.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a perk of owing these old trucks I suppose, Some stations I can pump pretty quickly and others will barf out half a quart all over your feet while your wearing sandals 100 miles from home.

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
yea same here, and my 74 f100 if you dont hold the pump seal tight as can be, i mean literally lean into it with all your body weight, and im 250 lbs, and it will still leak out

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Don't buy there... Something is wrong with what they are pumping to you. I'll bet they air charging you for the mixed fuel and air. No reson for foamy fuel unless its something they are making money on.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I asked habibbi at the register about it but I think the only English he knows is " thank you come again".

Sucks cause this station is $.40 a gallon cheaper than 76

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Turn them in. Every fuel pump on every station MUST have a phone number you can call to report .. "something funny"...:rolleyes::angel:

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the automatic nozzle they are using. Come down here and find one that doesn't foam.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Try turning the nozzle upside down. The foam almost always clears up when you do this. It's a bit of a pain, but I do this on my Motorhome because it is such a PITA to fill.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
What differences are there in diesel grades? I always get diesel from Fred Meyer because I can get usually 20c discount and I always add a lubricant to the diesel of some sort, even if ATF is all I've got. I always throw something in it though to lube up that ULSD crap.

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
dunno about the grades all i know is its best to buy it wherever they sell the most, like where i like to buy it it is 20c more but its like a truckstop so they move mass diesel, so its always fresh. never add anything to it, maybe some seafoam every 5 or 6 tanks. never had any trouble, even when i buy it in a pickle somewhere out in the middle of no where

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online