Florida IDI owners

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone In Florida near me that'd be willing to help me change out the ip pump on my truck in the coming months ? I want to update the fuel system and glow plugs soon. I'm in Auburndale ( 33823 ). Thanks

Also where is the best place to buy these parts ?

Diesel Dawg

Reaction score
Is there anyone In Florida near me that'd be willing to help me change out the ip pump on my truck in the coming months ? I want to update the fuel system and glow plugs soon. I'm in Auburndale ( 33823 ). Thanks

I have a ferret timing device and all the tools necessary to time the truck once you have everything installed. I'm over in Melbourne Fl

How far are you from Daytona?
Looks like about 1-1.5hrs

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glow plugs Don't use any brand except Motorcraft/Beru. Most other brands are short lived.

Tube and Cap Kit PM typ4 for these. Also for the "Olives"for hard line from filter to IP and lift pump to filter. When replacing the O'rings on the injectors, install the top ring 1st, then roll the bottom ring over that one, use plenty of Vasoline to lube the caps and O'ring's. Be sure to snap the caps all the way down, should hear two clicks.
If you don't remove the injectors, no need to replace the copper washers.

IP replace. Simple job.

1. Remove all steel hard lines from IP to injectors. Mark them. 1 thru 8.
2. To remove IP. Remove front cover on the oil fill tower. Remove the 3 bolts (5/16" 12pt socket) from the gear to IP. DO NOT REMOVE THE TOWER.
3. Remove the 3 nuts holding the IP. Bottom right nut requires a special 9/16" 12pt. curved wrench, shown below on top of ferret box.
4. Do not turn the engine over with the IP removed, you could loose the timing if the gear jumps a tooth or more. Safest way.
5. Disconnect the wires and rubber hose to the IP.
6. Pull the IP out. It has an O'ring and will come out a little hard. Do Not twist as the dowel may jump the gear.

Attachments

• DVC01380.JPG
    DVC01380.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DVC01352.JPG
    DVC01352.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Injector.jpg
    Injector.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DVC01378.JPG
    DVC01378.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

gandalf

Reaction score
It's not really a difficult job--just takes time and patience. I did it out at the curb in front of the house.

Oldbull's directions are good, though perhaps a bit brief. I'd suggest you read, and reread several times, Mel's wiki article. Then print out the first part of it to use as a handy reference as you work. I did just that, and had no trouble with the job.

Mel's Wiki Article

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daytona to Auburndale be about a 2hr ride, I'd help ya Jon but i don't know much about them, gotta do mine this year too..

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.piece of cake. I swap them out all the time. Ice helped a few members here doing there's. I just sit on the side of the motor and go to town lol.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha I sit in my engine bay and do it also its not that bad and after my engine swap nto my cc I may be interested in using that timing kit and depending when you wanna swap that stuff out just lemme know ill see what I can do also I have an extra ip

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daytona to Auburndale be about a 2hr ride, I'd help ya Jon but i don't know much about them, gotta do mine this year too..

Well maybe I'll get it done soon and then we'll both know how lol. I want someone who has done it before to help so I know its done right. I can't afford any un needed repair bills lol

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha I sit in my engine bay and do it also its not that bad and after my engine swap nto my cc I may be interested in using that timing kit and depending when you wanna swap that stuff out just lemme know ill see what I can do also I have an extra ip

You want to sell that extra ip pump ? If so how much ?
I'd love to be able to sit in the engine bay but with my used and worn out back I'd probably be looking for a back replacement lol

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.piece of cake. I swap them out all the time. Ice helped a few members here doing there's. I just sit on the side of the motor and go to town lol.

What would you charge me to help ? Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. the wife wants to go to the beach lol. How long does it take to swap everything out ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online