First Thanks!, Second sorry but SWONK me!

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
First I would like to thank everyone for the years of help! Everyone was always knowledgeable and patience.

Especially Mel for all you efforts to make this kind of thing work.

I will be selling the IDI after I clean it up. I'll be sure to send whomever get's it this way.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 22

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that defintiely warrants a great big SWONK!

:backoff

I don't believe you even posted considering getting rid of it. Pretty sneaky.

Enjoy the new ride.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
He bought a Dodge....He had to be sneaky as he must have felt ashamed....:rotflmao ...Can't say much about the truck itself but the new 6.7L goat hasn't been too bad so far, atleast from what I've seen in the Freightliner M2's. Just some turbo failures at my shop and the local Dodge dealer.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet He passed the dark side and went straight to the wrong side:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao ....... Like I have much room to talk.LOL

Congrats. Enjoy the new Dodge. I love mine.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
;Sweet He passed the dark side and went straight to the wrong side:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao ....... Like I have much room to talk.LOL

Congrats. Enjoy the new Dodge. I love mine.

At least you warmed up by going to the darkside before you went to the wrong side LOL.

Tonka, hows the whole hotshot biz treating you? What kind of fuel economy is your truck getting now, compared to your 6 ooohh?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you warmed up by going to the darkside before you went to the wrong side LOL.

Tonka, hows the whole hotshot biz treating you? What kind of fuel economy is your truck getting now, compared to your 6 ooohh?

I liked the comfort of the Fords.

Doing good, good company, good dispatcher, plenty of freight and enjoy hauling the TTs and 5vrs.

Sic Oh No was getting 8.5 - 10.5 loaded and 15 - 16 empty.
Cummins is getting 11.5 - 13.5 loaded and 22 - 23 empty.

The Dodge is saving me $325 - $425 in fuel costs per week vs the Ford on similar 1750 mile runs into Alberta and back to Indiana. I usually run 3 - 4 trips a month into AB, SK or BC Canada and go home for a week or 2.

Have put 30k miles on the Dodge the last 2 months and have had no problems at all. Preventative maintenance costs is even lower on the Cummins. I'm seeing better tire wear....... especially on the front.... and an oil change with Rotella synthetic at Walmart costs me $70 vs $99 with the 6.0

Love the Infinity sound system too, it rocks:rock:

My only gripe is the smaller rear seat area. Can't sleep well on the back seat like I could the Ford, gonna yank the seats this week while I'm home and get some closed cell foam. That'll have to do until I stretch it and put a sleeper on it..... looking for a 60 KW aerodyne sleeper:D Can get the frame stretched 64" for $1600... That's everything from the metal work, electrical, fuel and brake lines and driveshaft. Usually done in 1 - 2 days.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I liked the comfort of the Fords.

Doing good, good company, good dispatcher, plenty of freight and enjoy hauling the TTs and 5vrs.

Sic Oh No was getting 8.5 - 10.5 loaded and 15 - 16 empty.
Cummins is getting 11.5 - 13.5 loaded and 22 - 23 empty.

The Dodge is saving me $325 - $425 in fuel costs per week vs the Ford on similar 1750 mile runs into Alberta and back to Indiana. I usually run 3 - 4 trips a month into AB, SK or BC Canada and go home for a week or 2.

Have put 30k miles on the Dodge the last 2 months and have had no problems at all. Preventative maintenance costs is even lower on the Cummins. I'm seeing better tire wear....... especially on the front.... and an oil change with Rotella synthetic at Walmart costs me $70 vs $99 with the 6.0

Love the Infinity sound system too, it rocks:rock:

My only gripe is the smaller rear seat area. Can't sleep well on the back seat like I could the Ford, gonna yank the seats this week while I'm home and get some closed cell foam. That'll have to do until I stretch it and put a sleeper on it..... looking for a 60 KW aerodyne sleeper:D Can get the frame stretched 64" for $1600... That's everything from the metal work, electrical, fuel and brake lines and driveshaft. Usually done in 1 - 2 days.

Thats amazing the fuel milage difference, its awsome how much money your saving.

If I could hotshot, I would. But who would wanna hire a 17 year old with a 20+ year old truck LOL. Oh well.

Your truck will be killer once you get it stretched, you will for sure have to get some pics up ;Sweet.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats amazing the fuel milage difference, its awsome how much money your saving.

If I could hotshot, I would. But who would wanna hire a 17 year old with a 20+ year old truck LOL. Oh well.

Your truck will be killer once you get it stretched, you will for sure have to get some pics up ;Sweet.

I can now complete runs under the 50% advance on the load and still have a little change left over. Then send my entire settlement home to play with... the other 50%:D

Stick to yer studies. Trucking is a very cut throat business and a time consuming lifestyle, not just a job and like the Military it's not for everybody. I have the luxury of my pension so I can take off as much time as I want and not worry about the bills unlike Bama or Apex and prolly several others here.

Besides IIRC you have to be 18 to run intrastate and 21 to run interstate. Most good companies require that your truck be 5 years old or newer just to lease on, after that it doesn't matter.

Damn near bought a 76" western star sleeper a couple weeks ago, It would have been an 80" stretch:eek: only can go 79.5" to keep my wheelbase under 240" for Canada... That's what their max used to be, don't know if they changed it. would have been a bit tight between the cab/sleeper and sleeper/bed

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I can now complete runs under the 50% advance on the load and still have a little change left over. Then send my entire settlement home to play with... the other 50%:D

Stick to yer studies. Trucking is a very cut throat business and a time consuming lifestyle, not just a job and like the Military it's not for everybody. I have the luxury of my pension so I can take off as much time as I want and not worry about the bills unlike Bama or Apex and prolly several others here.

Besides IIRC you have to be 18 to run intrastate and 21 to run interstate. Most good companies require that your truck be 5 years old or newer just to lease on, after that it doesn't matter.

Damn near bought a 76" western star sleeper a couple weeks ago, It would have been an 80" stretch:eek: only can go 79.5" to keep my wheelbase under 240" for Canada... That's what their max used to be, don't know if they changed it. would have been a bit tight between the cab/sleeper and sleeper/bed

I know, my grandfather used to (retired), and my uncle are/were truckers. I know what kind of life they lead. I was just thinking it would be a cool summer job, haul North River boats from Roseburg up to Tualitan Oregon for them, that is what I was thinking. Oh well though, I getta swath, run a berry picker, and be in charge of a grass seed cleaning/packaging maching/men ;Sweet, night shift to, so I wont have to contend with the heat of the hot summer days ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
First I would like to thank everyone for the years of help! Everyone was always knowledgeable and patience.

Especially Mel for all you efforts to make this kind of thing work.

I will be selling the IDI after I clean it up. I'll be sure to send whomever get's it this way.

WOO HOO!!! Congrats on the new truck - so what's the specs???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726