First pull...............

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Hooked my first sled Sat:D :cool

15k box and 15k sled........my truck weighed in at 7700.......
2nd gear/4low launched at 2500 till the clutch grabbed right away and no slipping by the way!
Then 3300 turns down the track till the box locked at the top for a first time distance of 227'3"........about a truck lenght shy of a full pull:D

Betterd two 6.6 duracraps, 1 dudge cummins dually, lost out to a 2k PSD with some secrets! and another members {from TDS} F250 PSD on propane

Not too shabby for a ****** truck and driver:yell: :cool

Not braggin', just sharingLOL :cheers:

Last edited:

Dodgeman101

Sled ******
Reaction score
You ******** are having truck pulls already?? I am very jellious I have to wait till june for the first one.
Congrats on your ****** pull

Dodgeman101

P.S. what kind of clutch ya running in the dorf??

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dodgeman101
You ******** are having truck pulls already?? I am very jellious I have to wait till june for the first one.
Congrats on your ****** pull

Dodgeman101

P.S. what kind of clutch ya running in the dorf??

Beleive it or don't:eek: Factory POS Dual Mass F/W and Valeo clutch:D

After creeping up to snug the chain and getting the flag from the man at the end of the track........twisted her up to 2500 brought up the cluch pedal and found it was grabbing real good and strong so I dropped the hammer and held it till the end:D

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
When I did my first pull last year m truck was only 3 months old.....I got 3 place out of fifteen trucks at the Buck...They were all modified too....I pulled it 293 ft....18" from first.....

KRMNAL1

Reaction score
We had a big off road play day here last Sunday and my buddies almost talked me into the sled pull, I only have a little over 500 miles on the new tranny so I chickened out. Do you guys do those pulls in 4 low or 4 high ?? If we hadn't of ran out of beer at 3pm I may have ended up doing it but I am happy we ran out of suds otherwise I might have joined the dammit it broke crowd that was there

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KRMNAL1
We had a big off road play day here last Sunday and my buddies almost talked me into the sled pull, I only have a little over 500 miles on the new tranny so I chickened out. Do you guys do those pulls in 4 low or 4 high ?? If we hadn't of ran out of beer at 3pm I may have ended up doing it but I am happy we ran out of suds otherwise I might have joined the dammit it broke crowd that was there

Depending on your gear ratio You should use 4 low either second or third on a hard track or third or fourth on a soft track.

4.10 gears on a soft track= 4low fourth gear (if you have a clutch that will let you do it)

My .02

KRMNAL1

Reaction score
I just have 3.73 gears and an automatic trans, the ground was dry but somewhat soft, since your from Arlington you were probably there weren't you ??

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KRMNAL1
I just have 3.73 gears and an automatic trans, the ground was dry but somewhat soft, since your from Arlington you were probably there weren't you ??

Up at Monroe? No I missed it :( I spent the day at work and then under the hood of the race truck :D

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my first pull last year with my 2003....

Attachments

• my 2003 truck pulling the sled at the buck 1.jpg
    my 2003 truck pulling the sled at the buck 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 60