riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Mel,

I'm going to be discontinuing the small plate. the difference in protection is huge...and the demand hasn't been there.

I have heard of people having issues with the later trucks but there is no TSB for the 92+ trucks. the peddle assembly is different and it incorporates a bracket for the clutch master into the peddle assembly. There is also another plate that's tack welded to the outside of the firewall for support.

Jason

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sell me 10 of them before you stop production! I'm serious. :)

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i only have one left and i wont be making any more...

the large ones i got plenty ;)

the ONLY benefit of the small plate is you don't have to remove the cowl to install it. the steering column takes 15 minutes to remove so its a non issue.

Old Blue

Reaction score
Dang, yeah, I was gonna buy a small plate too if this truck doesn't already have one on it, I just haven't taken the time to look yet. I guess if and when I need one it'll have to be the big one. Either way, beats having to make something myself!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
trust me its worth the extra money for the large plate. with the large plate is spreads the load out over twice the surface area the small one does. The firewall will NOT flex at all once its installed. The small plate does help don't get me wrong, but after finally installing one of these myself I honestly can't see the point in wasting my time on the small plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online