Finished product of the 1979 F-250 X-Cab Conversion

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
Added some more pics

;Sweet AWESOME! The effort and attention are quite evident :hail I give a 99.9 :thumbsup:

Only "minor" thing I see {besides Tonks'a nitpicky carpet and vents ;p LOL } is the missing serpentine belt setup----the missing .1 percent ;Sweet

'79 Ferds have a soft spot with me.....My first "new" off the showroom floor truck was a std cab '79 4x4 :D

I second that!

Thanks for the Kind words Geonc. Maybe I can make up that .1 with a new paint job LOL. Candy Apple Red with Black down the center!

Very nice job! ;Sweet Too bad you're west coast. That would be great to see at one of our annual IDI Weekend events.

Man that Would be AWESOME to go! Maybe one day..... Thanks for the Kind words Agnem!!!! I almost feel like part of the Crew here..

71cc

Reaction score
Here it is all said and done for the most part!

You must be registered for see images attach

I am interested in what radiator hoses you got to work with the original radiator. I am doing this swap on a 72 Crew cab and found the 7.3 outlets are bigger.

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been sometime since I did mine but I'm nearly positive I used the hoses from an 85 F250 diesel. I know I had to shorten the top hose but I think the bottom fit just right.
There are a few others here that have done this swap maybe they can be of more help.

Dennis

71cc

Reaction score
It's been sometime since I did mine but I'm nearly positive I used the hoses from an 85 F250 diesel. I know I had to shorten the top hose but I think the bottom fit just right.
There are a few others here that have done this swap maybe they can be of more help.

Dennis

Thanks, I will explore that option. I don't have the other end of the diesel hoses. They may neck down to the correct diameter to fit the tank.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Nice job!;Sweet My previous truck was a '78 F-250 4X4. They do have a clssic look. I also had a '71 F-250 4X4 that I really wish I still had and my first truck was a '74 F-250 2WD.