Finally got my Diesel Back

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Well after 2 months of saving i finally got my diesel back from antrim this past friday, every time i had enough money in that 2 months my daily driver toyota would break down, i guess its about due since i have not done a thing to it in the last 100,000 miles besides a clutch... They did a compression check, replaced a collapsed lifter on drivers side, installed 8 new injectors, new return lines, timed it up, and changed all fluids and filters! Got on I-81 southbound and boy does she run, i was keepin up with everyone, truck runs like a dream. With the 4.10 gears i was trying not to step in the pedal too hard so not to suck the fuel down:peelout. Well i drove it around all day on sat and then on sunday morning just as i was leaving from church i got in the truck and turned the key and all i got was a annoying click :mad: so i thought i left a door open or something like that to run the batterys down, unfortunately not the case. I went home with my parents (which arent to happy that i currently have 3 trucks in the driveway and now 2 are broken down) ate some lunch and took the taco up to work on the old IDI, after messing around with the cables and using a multimeter on about everything i could find i concluded that the starter took a dump on me, thats the only thing left possible that it could be. So now that i am low on cash i guess i will have to wait till next week (when i get paid next) to purchase a new starter. :(. It seems like when 1 thing goes right something else goes wrong, but i am glad to have my trucks all back at the house now! I will keep you all informed on whats going on. I have really enjoyed all of your all's information on this site and look forward to one day meeting you all at a meet! thanks!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If money is a problem You can rebuild the starter for about $45, it sure is good to get a lifetime warranty for a new starter but the one I rebuild has been on excellent condition. btw You can find the rebuild kits on fleabay.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also a good alternator and starter shop might do the overhaul cheaper than a new starter. You'd ahve to checka dn see. I don't know your mechanical skills or the level of difficulty of a starter overhaul. Its a good thing to do though if you have a bad starter. It'll sure bite you sooner or later if its not good. Before you condemn it you should check both batteries and all your connections very carefully. Especially if money is a problem, don't go throwing parts at it until you solve your problem, figure out the problem and fix it. I hate to see what the bill was for all that work they did on your diesel, but I'm glad you got it back. Nothing else is quite like these trucks,
J.D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk