filler neck

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay guys putting fuel in to my truck is always a real pain in the rear. I have to hold the lever on the pump most of the time and just trickle it in the tank. I just checked and the vent is not pluged and there dont seem to be any kinks in the lines. Has anyone modafied there filler necks to allow it to fill up faster, and if so do you have pics?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced all the hoses on my "*****" style (my dad's take on the problem) filler necks and took lots of photos. I'm hoping to do a write up on it in the near future. Stay tuned.

Heath

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just fixed the same problem and I believe it's a "GOOD FIX" using only factory Ford parts.

I traded for a 97 F350 parts truck and it was a cab/chassis truck. When I pulled the bed off I discovered that Ford had made a change on the vent arrangement apparently for 97.
The tiny little vent hose was replaced with a nice 3/4 vent line that ran up to the fill nozzle and attached there. The "roll over valve" for the 97 still has the roll over function so if I'm upside down the vent closes off like it should.

The good news is the "new style" vents with the nice large 3/4 vent line directly interchanged into the tanks on my 92 F450. Tried them on my 85 F350 as well just to see and they worked there also.

Bottom line, now I can run the fuel fill at full blast and don't get a single burp, splatter, or anything... it worked!!

Might want to check your local stealership for the part number and availability. I'm guessing the fill neck would be a junk yard item. Napa heater hose worked for the new vent line.

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a good idea. you wouldnt happen to have any pics of the "new filler necks" would you? My nephew works for ford so i will see what he can locate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online