Ferret 765

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon

You stole it at that price, mine was a little over 2 bills back when they had good stock.

If my existing ferret meter ever breaks down, I'm going to be kicking myself for not buying that $125 meter as a backup.

I hope I did steal it & makes it worth wile when my wife finds out I bought it!!!
& genscripter, we both may have one to play with when I'm couch surfing at your house when I get kicked out! LOL

Naw seriously, I got to find a timing lite & learn how to use it all. I've watched it done but never done it myself. One main reason I jumped & got the Ferret is because I'm ALWAYS curious & wanting to learn about new/different things. Can never learn too much!!! Wish I had more time to read & research this board as well as others!!!

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just decided to spend the little extra because I know t has everything including a light plus I have it as soon as I pay don't have to wate on shipping

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at it and this morning I got an email saying its no longer available. I was hoping you were the one who got it!

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we are on the topic of oilburners buying and selling parts without knowing it, I'm always interested in IDI van parts. So if you are looking to sell IDI van stuff, be sure to PM me first, cuz I'm more than likely interested.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon

I jumped & got this V765-01 Ferret Timing Meter for $125. Like the listing said, it is new never opened. Did I get a/the meter I need & can learn to use? (keep in mind I r sort'a slow & dumb LOL ) Same guy has Timing Lite & says:

"Got it 2 yrs ago. Timing light is an Innova Equus 3568. I think Jegs or Summit was where I got it for $100. I bought it same time as the Ferret Instrument parts. I’ve never had it out of the package, I’d take $65 for it if your interested and I will ship it to you."

Anyway will this Timing Lite work or do I need to get something else? I've got to learn how to use it all.....watched IDI's timed before but never did one. & I'm on a mission....gonn'a learn everything there are to learn!!! haha

And does this set-up require timing tape? Saw something while back about using timing tape but haven't had time to research that thread. Been extremely busy trying to get a/my dream shop built. Killing me!!

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am bumping your quote, cause I am curious too.
I actually bought one. It came the other day. I messed around with it a little. I couldn't get the magnetic probe down in the timing tube/hole far enough to work because of a ridge or lip at the bottom of the tube. I did use the timing light which worked ok. It would be nice if it was a little brighter but will do the job. There are some army surplus units on eBay about half price without the light.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get the magnetic probe down in the timing tube/hole far enough to work because of a ridge or lip at the bottom of the tube.
To clarify, there is nothing wrong with the timing unit that the probe does not fit all the way into the tube/hole. There is something wrong on my truck. I have to find a way to remove the ridge.