Fass II, 21psi

94matt

Reaction score
Just finished up the fass II install, I'm a little concerned about how high the pressures are. 21psi at idle 20 cruising, and 18.5 under full load. I'm not sure if I should leave it alone, or try a different bypass spring. I am using the Fass kit , but after the pump the lines are 1/2" with no banjos all the way to the VP, I'm wondering if that is contributing to the high presuure.

The pump looks like it fits the Cummins better than the wimpy Carter pumps. Overkill, just the way I like it.

Matt

Whit

Reaction score
Matt,

I see 16 psi all the time with my Fass II no matter what, my gage only goes to 15 then it has an extra mark on it. Haul ass and dont worry bout it dude, say goodby to the OEM l/p :thumbsup:

94matt

Reaction score
Made a few calls today, Industrial Injection (Where I got my VP) said not to go above 15 psi. So I called Rip to see about lowering the pressure just a notch, and he said their pump guy says up to 25 psi is okay, but that I should listen to where I bought the VP from. At this point, I think it's probably alright to be floating around 20 psi, but I'm going to look into adding a finer filter after the factory setup to help make sure nothing gets to my injection pump, and hopefully drop the pressure just a little bit with the added restriction.

Matt

94matt

Reaction score
That was my next question.

For whatever reason, I seem to think the factory setup is 10 micron. Does anyone know??

Matt

Whit

Reaction score
Matt, got the book out and it says the overflow valve (internal to VP-44) lifts at 14 psi and 70% of the total fuel flow is returned back to the tank,I cant find the micron of the filter though.