family loves my idi!

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a great week! My son took his driving test in my 91 idi! Passed with flying colors, even paralell parked the dually! Then today he drove me n him out deer hunting! Got 2 beautiful deer! He shot his at a dead run at 120 yds! I got mine at similar range while sitting in a wrecked 65 gto body that I use as a blind! What a fun day! Our first father son deer hunt!

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Wow good for him! Was the parallel parking the maneuverability part of the test? cause there's no way in hell he'd pass ohio's maneuverability test in a 4-door dually! We dont need to do parallel parking anymore in Ohio.

Congrats on the deer too!

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
What a great week! My son took his driving test in my 91 idi! Passed with flying colors, even paralell parked the dually! Then today he drove me n him out deer hunting! Got 2 beautiful deer! He shot his at a dead run at 120 yds! I got mine at similar range while sitting in a wrecked 65 gto body that I use as a blind! What a fun day! Our first father son deer hunt!

;Sweet thats awsome! i like your blind idea, that give me an idea:sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is indeed neat when the kids start to drive. Scary, but neat. A great feeling of pride to be sure.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
My son is soon to get his license. I took him out the other day and was getting him used to a stick. He started out in 1st., let the clutch out and said "That was easy!". Then I had him him starting out in 2nd. Not so easy. I never thought a CC dually would hop like a rabbit like a little car does.

Big congrats on the deer. Getting one on the run makes good bragging.;Sweet

monkeyboi

Reaction score
'81 Camaro, 4spd manual My dad made me go up and down the lane at the farm in first gear using the throttle to hold the rear between the coast and drive sides of the ring gear before I was allowed on the road. Then took me out on country roads in rural Ohio at night turning on and off the brights with the floor mounted switch and down shifting to go around corners. All this on my first time out on the roads. 13+ years ago, have had no accidents. I can't wait to teach my son to drive...my daughter, on the other hand.....

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a manual trans for 8 years, so it will be interesting getting back in the habit. My 13yr old son wants to drive SOOO bad. I've had him move cars in the driveway, and back the boat in the lake and pull it out( in an automatic, not stick) , but nothing on public roads. So far, he's very gentle and patient. I think he will be a good driver after it's all said and done. I MAY find a few back roads and let him feel a clutch, but there will be no gas pedal involved at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes