Fair Price?

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also posted this in the 7.3 PS forum since it is both trucks: I am still looking for the right truck. Last night I drove a 91 F350 Dually, Crew Cab, it has 313,000 and is a 5 speed, it also has an added turbo on the engine. It needs paint as paint is faded and peeling. Interior good condition, has diamond plate on top of bed sides, running boards and a sleeper in bed, also has origional back window which can be put back in. Does not have a tailgate, has GN and reese hitch. Runs good, all gauges and lights work, brakes are good. He is asking $3500 , which to me seems a bit high for this year. Opinions please. I also have looked at a 97 F250 4x4, with the 7.3 PS, it has been sitting for about 2 years, I have not been able to crank it as it either needs batteries or glow plugs or possibly starter. It has less than 150,000 and he is asking $2200. It also needs new tires, paint is good but it has a couple small dents in side of bed, no GN hitch but has reese. I am leaning towards the 250.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first thought was $2500max

Last edited:

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have really decided against the 350, I had one for 10 years, I just need a truck to get feed, hay and pull my horse trailer, the 250 will do that plus being 4x4 is an added benefit

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the powerstroke!!Any money you were gonna spend on the IDI just put toward getting the stroke running.
More power and updated interior,kinda:)

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on where you are. That's too much money for the CC. Does it even have 4x4? I'm in PA and these trucks are selling for 30%+ more than KBB value and some of them are nothing more than rust held together with Bondo. Around here I would offer $1500 and go from there IF it has 4x4. If not it would be worthless. The PS sounds tempting, but that price raises a pretty big red flag for me. A lot of this depends on your bank account, your mechanical ability (or at least your desire), what you will use it for, and where you live.