F700 mirror bracket source

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good ( i.e. cheap :D source for a set, or at least a passenger side stainless west coast type mirror bracket for a '92 ish ( '92-97 I believe ) f700 ? Dealer here wants about $140 for a new one, but they're usually about twice or more higher than anywhere else.

I want to put a set of motorized mirrors on my '92 f350 and the factory f700 brackets are a perfect fit.
I called the only heavy wrecking yard left around here last week and he told me he had a pair ,I drove 50 miles over there and naturally once I get there, he only had one for the drivers side , which I didn't want to get until I'm sure I can get a match for it.
At least the day wasn't a total loss, got to take my 11 year old son exploring in the big truck boneyard, he had a blast ;Sweet How many places can a kid play on old bucket trucks, drillers, fire trucks etc.

--------Robert

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
not cheap but it is OE...
http://www.retracmirrors.com/Product_Line/H_M-WC08/h_m-wc08.html
bottom of the page. left corner.

Any idea if they sell just the bracket or do they only sell the entire assembly with the mirror?
Ryder truck products has a bracket , but they only sell it with the mirror.
I got a great deal on a pair of heated, motorized mirrors at Truck pro, complete with the wiring kits , all the switches and everything for about $140 each.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I just looks the one one Ryder fleet products up and it is the Retrac bracket. I guess at $105 It's not too bad considering what the dealer wanted . I can always sell the extra mirror ( or keep it in the side box in case some bonehead takes one of my mirrors out ).

It's funny, I got that price by the part number, I had looked it up on Ryders site by application and got a price of about $185 the other day cookoo

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I finally got a set. I had my guy at Truck Pro order them in for me. They must not sell very many of those things. The factory had the drivers side , but were completely out of the passenger side and they had to tool up for it, I had to wait about a month to get the things, but it was worth the wait, they look great and I can SEE finally without having to bob up and down in the seat. Now to get my motorized mirrors rigged on there. Unfortunately Retrac doesn't use standard size mounting holes or dimensions so I couldn't just bolt the mirrors in ( I'm using the ones that came with the bracket right now ) so I've got some strap metal with holes that I need to cut up and rig on there to be able to fit the motorized mirrors.
Thanks for the link Calvin, those things fit on the truck perfectly

-----------Robert

Attachments

• Mirror1.jpg
    Mirror1.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 185

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US