f450. will this fit?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F6TZ-4026-AA its a posi carrier for a dana 80but i dont know what gears will fit on it.i want to make sure my 5.13s will fit it before i buy it.

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Try Randys Ring and Pinion. They are a great resource. Are you running 4.88 curently? Did you find something in the rear that you think is causing the vibration? Are you installing these yourself? Jeez, 100 questions. Sorry. Curious bout the vibration. Hoping you get her resolved.

http://www.ringpinion.com/

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im running 5.13s.i need a posi unit for it as im tired of getting stuck in mud and snow.and of course ill be doing it myself.i dont pay anybody to do anything unless i have to

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Maybe you know this allready, but those Danas are a little tricky getting the gear pattern right. I found it well worth the couple bucks to buy an extra set of races for the carrier and grind them down a bit so they slide in and out easier. I only use them to get the shims set up then put the good ones in. Before I used to damage the shims trying to get the asymbly out everytime I wanted to add or remove a shim.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rich-
without knowing what year exactly dana carrier you are taking about, I urge caution. From what I have learned over the years, there are many varieties of dana 80's. even the cases are different for the numerically lower ratios. the 80's in our F450's are the toughest out of the batch. good is that they don't break. bad is there is almost no hi-po goodies for them. I paid a fortune for a complete built 4.56 years ago and love the extra top end I get from it. Never really thought about a posi since my carrier does not like soft surfaces whatsoever. Quite frankly, the front end sinks into anything mushy and the rear just spins on top of the stuff.
Off the beaten track...I know there is a way to decipher furd p/n's to year, car/truck, etc. the info is in there, I just don't remember how to decipher it.
I will check with a buddy of mime on monday, he works at a local stealership parts counter and he is the one who taught me years ago on the p/n secrets.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt get it.i found it on ebay.so no need top worry about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online