F250 suburban

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not much of an update but I ran compression on my engine and I have a cylinder that is really low so I did a leak down and it is going out the exhaust. I'm thinking I have a burnt or broken valve so I need to repair that first.
My guess would be that it's the valve guide and not the valve itself. The 7.3's had issues with the exhaust valve guides. Look at posts with "chuffing" in the title.

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys it looks like my project is on hold for a little while longer. I pulled the head and as you can see the piston is turned and you can see where the valves kissed the piston a little. Also it doesn't move so it appears it threw a rod. Now I have decisions whether to rebuild or take my other long block and roll a set of bearings in it and hope for the best or maybe just look for a running used one.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's the psd?
Find the serial number for the block date. Only ones I've seen chuck a rod are the pmr engines.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an idi out of an 88 f250

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, lost track I guess.
Look at the cylinder wall. I bet it's cracked.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
That makes sense it looks like it has been eating some coolant. I think tomorrow I'm gonna yank the heads and oil pan off my long block and inspect the valve train, pistons, and rod and main bearings. I know almost nothing about that engine except it was free and supposedly running when it was pulled.