F150 Super Crew, 2nd CC PSD or X.?

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Hey all hows it going, well with the addition of the family comeing on later this year I going to need to get the wife a bigger truck :rolleyes: , Been kicking around the idea of getting her something bigger for awhile now due to I hate the car :puke: she has now :mad: , anyway she kinda likes the F150 Super Crew and so do I to a point, but I have seen some good deals on used F250/350 CC PSD here latley just dont know if I can justifi 2 :Sly , then there is the X, I know there nice and big which for my wife and kids I would feel safer with them in, but just dont know about it, I had heard that Ford was going to stop makeing them? anyway whats some of your suggestions :D as always thanks

stay safe out there
Roy :draw

BJS

Reaction score
The rumor exists every year that ford is going to axe the excursion which if they are going to do so I'd expect it to happen w/ the release of the new body for the super duty in the '07 model year.

My dad has an '02 SuperCrew, Decked Loaded save sunroof it's a nice truck to drive plenty of power w/ the 5.4, leaves something to be desired when towing due to where the powerband basically choose 55- or 75+ for towing b/c when you drop the double overdrive you loose that much to keep the power up there. The ride is nice relatively car like for a truck, though not quite as smooth as a car though you'll still know it's a truck. Mileage towing is in the upper single digits for anything w/ any drag Empty highway mileage depends on how fast you want to run if it's 80 it's in the low teens. my dad keeps obsessive fuel logs and gets right around 16-17 w/ mixed driving. For me as an adult the back seats aren't high enough off of the floor to be comfortable for a long distance drive.

If your wife will drive a stick shift here is an option for you in the PSD option, the auction has ended but the seller has said that 13k is the lowest he'd go to one of the other members on fourdoorbronco.com. That's what I have except w/ an auto the only real problem w/ the conversion is excessive bondo on the roof seam which is fairly easy to fix.

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Dont really see any towing with this one, as mine (sig) is set up for any towing needs that may come up :D , however the one thing about mine I dont like is it is not 4x4, was kinda thinking if I found a good deal on a good used 250/350 4x4 then go with that but again just dont know if I can justifi two PSD's :love: as much as I would like it :Sly

The supercrew seems the way to go I think, I like the fact that it is somewhat a full size P.U. and the crew cab is the ONLY!! way to go with kids/car seats/ and all the stuff that goes with them :D :eek: , I dont know anyone with a supercrew so I dont have anyone to go to, to find out the pros / cons of them anyone that has one or knows someone that does any information is more than appriciated, Thanks BJS for your input

Still not to sure about the X, the room and size would be nice, just dont know if the wife would like it, and if they are going to ax it, I dont want a truck that gets harder and harder to find parts or someone to work on it that wont charge an arm and leg for stuff I cant do

stay safe out there

BJS

Reaction score
Firedude,

Depending on how rural where you live the problem with a 250/350 crew cab is the length and no offense to your wife but most women can't drive or park very long vehicles, heck my little brother can't even park is CC PSD so I can't say it's completely a gender problem.

If your wife is comfortable driving your truck then I'd consider looking for a PSD of some sorts to replace her ride with b/c any crew cab is fairly long and even the ex is going to be much longer than the car she's driving now.

The advantage of the supercrew is that since it has the toy bed it is a relatively short wheelbase and can maneuver in fairly tight spaces where in any CC PSD you'd be doing multipoint turns.

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
BJS said:
Firedude,

Depending on how rural where you live the problem with a 250/350 crew cab is the length and no offense to your wife but most women can't drive or park very long vehicles, heck my little brother can't even park is CC PSD so I can't say it's completely a gender problem.

If your wife is comfortable driving your truck then I'd consider looking for a PSD of some sorts to replace her ride with b/c any crew cab is fairly long and even the ex is going to be much longer than the car she's driving now.

The advantage of the supercrew is that since it has the toy bed it is a relatively short wheelbase and can maneuver in fairly tight spaces where in any CC PSD you'd be doing multipoint turns.

BJS

Well the ruralness is no problem for us, we have 20 acers and our closet neighbor (my parents) are about a mile awhile :thumbsup: , thw wife is very comfortable driveing long trucks as she grew up on a ranch like I did and its a way of life driveing / backing trucks and trailers, I actully laughed once at a ropeing we were at when some guy with a brand new CC dually and GN. 5 hourse slant could not get his riged backed in between our set up and another, wife goes over talkes the guy out and backs it in the first shot :thumbsup:

She is comfortable driveing (and likes it too :Sly ) driveing my truck (sig), looking at it, it seems the supercrews millage is not any better or lower than that of a PSD, I average 18-20 highway, and 15-16 stop and go, It would seem that millage wise the PSD would be the better way to go possible :thumbsup: as for fuel prices around here diesel is usually only about .05 higher than gas this time of year -cuss

stay safe out there