f@#n slave cylinder giving me a hard time

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installing a new clutch slave cylinder and I accident ly broke the plastic retainer clip thats supposed to hold the slave pushrod back until the 1st clutch application, any way how can I get the pushrod to compress enough to get it in without that plastic clip? ive tried compressing by hand and shoving it in and using.a screw driver/pry bar with no luck. I'm getting to the point to just get a new slave with that plastic clip in tact and scrap this one.......but that ofcourse its a huge waste of money. any help much appreciated!

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Just did this a couple hours ago. Get a set of vice grips and clamp them on the fork right below the divot for the pushrod as to not allow the pushrod to slip down (towards the trans) and out of its spot. Then, put the pushrod in its divot and start to compress the slave as it will be at about a 45* angle from where it's supposed to be. Once it is compressed about an inch you should be able to start to push the clip into its spot until the slave will snap in place (again it is angled). I was pissed off last night trying to get it in place until this dawned on me. Took me about a minute this morning to repeat the process when I had to take the fork out. Basically the vice grips keep the pushrod from going any where if you are pushing straight at the fork. Hope this helps