F-650 with optional CUMMINS

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2500 Cummins,

The 7.3L was discontinued as of early '03. The standard diesel in the 650/750 is the 6L powerstroke, with CAT and sometimes Cummins as an option.

All 250-550's are only available with the 6L powerstroke as of early '03.

In early-mid '06, the new Ford 6.4L diesel will be available.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MID-EARLY 06? Will it be available in the 250-350 that soon? I thought it was a 07 model year thing...

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rumor is that Ford will have a shortened '06 model year, it will be called an '07 Remember how they skipped 1998 alltogether?

They are rumored to be having a short run of '06's, and the '07 model year will pre-emerge the normal '07 schedule.

The new diesel will be offered in the 250-550 series. The Torqshift transmission will also get improvements in power handling capacity. I think it will be called the 5W120 Torqshift.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a construction company. We build houses, garages, horse riding arenas, barns, etc.

Why do you ask? :)

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're just like tools of the trade or pieces of business equipment to me, but I do love working with them. It's nice to be able to make a living with something you love using. :)

BTW: It's good having you here. It'd be great to build a site with knowledgeable staff members & vendors. I'll be checking you out for some supplies soon!:cool

Last edited:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adrianspeeder,

Thanks, pal !!!! :)

West Chester area!!!!!!

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
Well, I thought I had a picture of "my" Cummins powered F-650 but I guess I don't. I drive one that we use to chase airplanes around with. Good truck, good motor, but it could use a bit more HP, we don't load it very heavy (usually 18-20K) so it does OK. I agree with ya'll on the DT 466, that is a fine engine and I really wish that Ford would use one in their M/D trucks. The Cat option is a good one but underpowered as well. It's fixable, but rather costly.

BTW, any ideas on upgrading the Cummins in an F-650?????

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i love both of those trucks, the only thing i don't like about the IH is for 100K you would think that would put a bed on it that matched the body lines of the rest of the truck... that thing looks like you just slapped a ford bed on it and rolled it out the door... guess thats what they did other than that i would love to have either of them... after i win the lottery

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This question has been bugging me for awhile now. . . would it be possible to squeeze a dt466 in to a F250/350?