exhaust ??

commonsthor

Reaction score
went to get price on exhaust today, 560 installed, is that on the high side? he also said that 3 dp will fit stock . no turbo mods is this true? mine is stock now with restricted dp. will check with another exhaust shop later. he is ordering a kit for 94-98 he said it should still fit ,i said mine is not a power stroke i assume that power stroke came w/3 dp we will see :confused:

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several company's make an aftermarket kit for the idi, but in my opinion the only way to go is with the ATS kit. Banks and others make the down-pipe to fit the exsiting turbo, this is 2.5 or 2.25 (can't remember) then go to the larger pipe 3 0r 3.5. ATS kit has the new "flange" for the turbo that is 3", and matches the rest of the exhaust. ATS designed the turbo for Fix Or Repair Daily then they went and screwed it up. Remember what ever you install to make sure that the muffler is "straight thru or see thru" what ever term you use. Once you have the exhaust done do the intake system, the stock snorkel really is a joke. Not enough cold air. For the engine to really work you need lots of cold air and low back pressure. While you have the exhaust "out" you may want yo install a pyro (especially if you are towing or live in a hilly area) Hope this helps.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
commonsthor said:
went to get price on exhaust today, 560 installed, is that on the high side? he also said that 3 dp will fit stock . no turbo mods is this true? mine is stock now with restricted dp. will check with another exhaust shop later. he is ordering a kit for 94-98 he said it should still fit ,i said mine is not a power stroke i assume that power stroke came w/3 dp we will see :confused:

YOUCH!For $100 more you can get the entire upgrade kit from Ken at DPS(Not the same one that advertises here).It comes with the intake housing,Exhaust housing,elbow,3" down pipe,and 3 " mandrel bent exhaust system(which you will have to upgrade to a 3" bypass pipe since I know you don't want a muffler!think I spend 45 bucks locally to have the muffler cut off my truck wiht factory exhaust).Best part of all this is one day you can do it in your drive way.Turn a couple bolts to install the housings,one bolt for down pipe,and 2 bolts per pipe connections.I think the ATS system uses the factory hangers.No welding.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! Get that sold out of your signiture line. -cuss

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the ats web site, for $695 you get the turbine housing, outlet housing and the 3inch exhaust system. If you find it cheaper anywhere else let me know.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Another option to cut costs may be to get the turbo housing, elbow and DP from ATS and then a 3.5" or 4" exhaust from a wrecking yard. As long as the exhaust is aluminized or stainless you should be okay. So, ATS still has the turbo upgrade available still? I had heard it was no longer available. My dad is supposed to put a new exhaust on his truck ('02 PSD) soon, I hope, and I can have the stock which is 3.5" I believe. We can modify the DP to fit mine and do the same with the exhaust. I think I'll try straight pipe to see if it's too loud and if management doesn't like the noise I won't get rolling pinned LOL for adding a muffler.