exhaust true dual

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you go to big on these trucks with exhaust? im going to go either 3" or 4" with a straight through muffler but will i lose torque with going to big of exhaust?

-josh

Nah, that's gasser thinking. On a gasser a little exhaust backpressure is necessary for max torque. On a diesel that isn't the case - the more free-flowing the intake and exhaust the better.....

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
You won't lose torque but with a straight through muffler and 3or 4" exhaust you will lose the ability to hear without hearing protection (-:

Jim

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't lose torque but with a straight through muffler and 3or 4" exhaust you will lose the ability to hear without hearing protection (-:

Jim

I say thats BS-Lame

As stated earlier in my post I can have a normal tone conversation with somene in the cab. To add more to that I can have a conversation on my cell phone using the bluetooth in the GPS.

Perhaps you have not heard a Gibson muffler.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i have heard that without a turbo too big to exhaust will nock down some top end on these motors,:dunno not sure but i might try to find out.;Poke

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I say thats BS-Lame

As stated earlier in my post I can have a normal tone conversation with somene in the cab. To add more to that I can have a conversation on my cell phone using the bluetooth in the GPS.

Perhaps you have not heard a Gibson muffler.

I have a straight through muffler as well, it is oval, but you can look in one end and out the other. 3 inch both sides and full 3 inch exhaust. I can use a cell phone etc. no problem. With no A/C though, at 55 MPH or better it is tough to hear because of the wind noise!!! LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Back to the origional post, I think the 3" system with those mufflers willl sound TOUGH! Let us know how it sounds, I assume that you are having tailpipes all of the way out the back. If so the sound in the cab will be just fine.

The key is the big pipes, with anything smaller like 2 1/4" or 2 1/5" you will get rapping. the bigger the pipes the mellower the sound.

Keep us posted,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online