Exhaust Tip Hunt

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In between making my centurion overhead console (which I am making progress on and will update that thread soon), and swapping out to an electric fuel pump I also totally cut my old factory exhaust off. Pretty interesting how much straight piping the truck felt like adding a cylinder. I figured it might free it up some, but it felt like a different truck entirely. I'm sure dumping that heavy muffler didn't hurt either.

I will say when it was pure straight piped it was obnoxious. It's a non turbo, and I love noise but that was ridiculous. WOT up a hill under load sounded like a helicopter and don't dare downshift into 4th gear going 55 at night if you don't want to jake brake the entire neighborhood.

My new muffler isn't really helping much, but it did turn the helicopter noise into a deep bass tone instead. I really like the results as the high rpm sound is mostly gone, but the grunting deep noise at low rpms under load is really cool and not as bothersome to everyone else out there. I have a video of me cold starting it this morning I'll toss in here, I need to get a video of the sound while driving around town or revving it as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Anyways, I need an exhaust tip. I need it to be somewhere around 14" long to extend to the side of the truck for pa inspection (it can be as long as 18" and still fit without looking awful, I put an old hunk of my factory piping on it to see what my lengths can be).

2.5" inner dimension, couldn't care less what the outer dimension of the tip is but anything bigger then 3" would be nice. I just can't find anything I like at all on amazon, summit, ebay, anywhere really that isn't only 12". I'd rather bolt it on or use clamps, I have my grandpa's old welder but I am not good at welding at all. My elbow is stainless steel, and I could put an extension on it to use some of the 12" ones I see that I like but I wasn't sure if anyone else had any suggestions of where to look for some more options before I go that route.

I almost cut a hole in the bed for a 3" stack, but I haul a lot of gravel and wood and didn't want to deal with cutting the bed and doing all of that, so side exit it is.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Technically you could buy a stack, cut it the length you want, and use that for a tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online