Exhaust through hood?

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever ran the exhaust through the hood? How was the exhaust ran? Were their any clearance issues with anything? Do you have any pics?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The ole hood stack. Lol
Some places to cops won't even bother you for it.
Basically come off the turbo and go up through the hood.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the pulling trucks. It’s usually a stack attached to the hood and a stub of pipe off the turbo that sticks up in the pipe a little so you can open the hood. Illegal for road uses most places but I’m sure like anything else, enforcement varies.

Runningaford

Reaction score
Go with a vintage air system, use the new space to run the exhaust out like a Deuce...... Or just buy deuce and a half. lol

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust thru hood? If your going to turn this truck into a sled puller, sure do it. If not, you’ll probably change it back to stock at some point shortly after doing this. Not to mention now you got a nice round hole in the hood.
Reminds me of a local guy in my area who mounted a 55 gallon drum in the back of his bed for an exhaust stack. Of course it was a Chevy dmax. All I ever wanted to do was take all the trash from my house bin and put it in his exhaust barrel while he had it parked going into Walmart.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andddd all the soot you will get on the hood/windshield... get a little dew in the morning and forget to cover it up... fire the truck up in the morning.... get ready to wash the whole truck again.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a turbo that would make a hood stack even more difficult not to mention without a turbo you are going to want some kind of exhaust system becaus you will want a little back pressure. Not a gasser muffler amount of back pressure just some pipe, at least a side dump set up or something.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turn the exhaust manifolds over and swap sides and do a set pulling truck pipes through the hood. You won’t be able to hear yourself think. Hoodstack without a turbo is tough.

Chad241993

Reaction score
Get a turbo first, then do it. Makes them fun to drive. Say good bye to MPG though you won't be able to keep your foot out of it.

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
If you don't have a turbo that would make a hood stack even more difficult not to mention without a turbo you are going to want some kind of exhaust system becaus you will want a little back pressure. Not a gasser muffler amount of back pressure just some pipe, at least a side dump set up or something.

Why would you want back pressure in an IDI or any diesel? I have completely dispelled the myth of wanting back pressure in a gasser. But a diesel I dont know about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online