EXHAUST PARTS FOR MY EXT CAB?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source for exhaust for our trucks? i called a local muffler place and they are having a hard time. it basiclly all needs replaced except the exhaust manifold.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your best bet is a stainless steel line because of the salt belt you live in. Or just the same as what you have now. Its lived a long time so it might be all you need for the reat of the trucks life. Your mostly going to have to have it bent at the shop. Might try nappa. Remember these trucks use most of the same pipes as the psd rigs use. Check ebay. They aleays have a bunch of psd listings.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Y pipe is the same.because that is most of it. looks like the P.O. shortened the exaust and made a 90 deg right before the rear tire

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
PSD's don't have a y-pipe. All PSD's are Turbo'd.
If you ordered a downpipe back or "cat back" as most are called, that would get it real close.

If you need a y-pipe, you could have one made. Or find someone selling one. I have one from a 7.3.

What exactly are you trying to do? Replace everything from the exhaust manifolds back?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Last time I checked into this ( a few years ago) There was a company called Auto Jet that made a nice Y pipe, Banks made a nice one for the Power Pack kit (non turbo), and I think Dynomax.
Everything except the Y pipe for non turbo and down pipe for IDI turbo is the same as PSD parts.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSD's don't have a y-pipe. All PSD's are Turbo'd.
If you ordered a downpipe back or "cat back" as most are called, that would get it real close.

If you need a y-pipe, you could have one made. Or find someone selling one. I have one from a 7.3.

What exactly are you trying to do? Replace everything from the exhaust manifolds back?

yes

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I think the Banks Stinger or Powerpack is out of production for the NON TURBO trucks, might be some around though. When I put the Banks exhaust on the 86 it picked up 1 + MPG between the "streamlined" flow of the left and right banks joining instead of the "T" from the factory, plus the straight through muffler.

The Auto Jet was a nice streamlined y pipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online