Exhaust mani torque sequence and a few more?...can't find

oilburner22

Reaction score
I've been searching high and low on google and this forum looking for torque specs and sequences. I have found just about everything I need and then some...but I'm missing a few.

I still need to find the torque sequences for the valve covers (not sure if its really that important, I was just gonna do them in a spiral pattern from the middle like you would a head) and I need the exhaust mani sequence (again not sure how important here either).

And I don't know what to torque the three bolts that hold, what I've always called, the transmission adapter plate...and if locktite is necessary...

Pretty much have everything else as far as torque specs and sequences but I don't have the manual handy and need to get this thing assembled so I can paint it and stab it back in.

Any help is appreciated...I'm kind of new so I'm not sure if yall have some of this stuff hidden somewhere. I've scrolled through a lot of the tech articles and a lot of other articles trying to figure out as much as I can. I will be posting pics soon once I get some assembly going.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them at home in my manual. If nobody else has it handy I'll try to remember to post it for you.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are all the torque specs you ever need to know.
http://www.oilburners.net/threads/finally-the-long-awaited-engine-build.75013/page-3
if you cant find the exact torque spec on a certain item, use the bolt size and determine the torque.
post #35
no need for a tightening sequence on the exhaust manifolds, just make sure you run all of the bolts in before tightening.
this is not as critical as the intake.
I don't use Loctite on items "out in the open"
I only use Loctite on flywheel/flexplate bolts
and on cam bolts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online