Even with everything considered, my truck still HAULS

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep. Even though the injection system on my truck is beyond its last leg, I gave it hell this afternoon. haha. Had a duracrap cut me off today and slam on his brakes in front of me. Well I pulled up next to him at the next stop light and it was this like 30 or 40 year old guy. I tooted my horn at him and he flipped me off, can ya believe it! lol.
Well anyway at that point I was pretty upset and on the green I gave it my best launch and speed shift I could muster out of her. Tell ya what, those Goodyear MTR's no longer have the nobbies on them. lol I couldnt believe it. It launched so hard the front ****** up a bit and then the tires broke loose. I hit second hard enough they broke loose again and, the rear being a locker, the back end started to slide to the left. I kept it good and straight, but the duracrap went flying by as I topped out second and shifted to third.
But I would have to say I woulda won, had the shift knob not come off when I hit second so hard. :rotflmao

I love my truck. :D

Oh yea, when I drove past that intersection on the way out of town, I noticed a nice, DARK black pair of stripes running a good 15 feet down the road, then about a 10ft pair of lighter ones. lol

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my truck. :D

Oh yea, when I drove past that intersection on the way out of town, I noticed a nice, DARK black pair of stripes running a good 15 feet down the road, then about a 10ft pair of lighter ones. lol
just remember those stripes is $$$$$$ left on the pavement.cookoocookoocookoo:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
haha, yea I know. Lotsa money with these tires. lol
It was fun though. Been a while since I've had that much fun driving pretty much anything. The only camaro I have thats drivable right now is an automatic and its just not the same as a good ol 4 or 5spd.
I normally wouldnt even think about treating my trucks like that, but there are those days, you know the ones Im talking about, where it doesnt take much to push you that little bit over the edge.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
If you look at my avatar, that is my new and improved shift knob that doesn't come off when you are slamming it into second. Shure-fire way to drop your 1/4 mile times! ;Sweet:rotflmao:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I would have to say I woulda won, had the shift knob not come off when I hit second so hard. :rotflmao

You musta been pissed!:rotflmao;Really

Now see, my truck coulda chased that duracrap across the continent. More fuel, better economy and higher top speed. You can run but you can't hide.

Its a travesty that the 6.9 didn't come with a turbo or overdrive tranny right from the get go.

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha i don't have to worry bout the shift knob coming off on mine. epoxyed that sucker on there, its never coming off.. haha

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell dont let that stop ya. Ive had a hood fly up in a drag race. Stuck my head out and still got the W. My obs psd has the crappy shifter knob, it came off i dropped it and grabbed third in a race the other day.

Glad you showed the dirtymax. Those trucks are super ugly.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt sweat losing too much, while your truck is paid for, he is probably up to his ass in debt with that duracrap!:D

snoredog

Reaction score
hey now the duramax is a fine truck too, I am driving my dads cause my 7.3 is broke down???
I just dont like having computers do all my thinking for me. Cant even do a decent burnout with all that traction control stuff or whatever it is that over-rides the right foot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online