Reaction score
So much for my $245.00 oil cooler.

Part No. Description Order
Qty. Status ETA* to Dealership
XU2Z-6A642-AAPRM [Oil Cooler Assy] 0 Backorder** No ETA*

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for the piston pin bushing for an IDIT connecting rod?? Would a 7.3L Powerstroke bushing work?

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually just go off of the actual dimensions of the bushings, but a google search of 7.3 IDI Turbo wrist pin bushings came up with this:

F3TZ-6207-A https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-NEW-OEM-...183100525573?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Thank you. I had ordered some Clevite bushings that Cataloged for the IDIT but they are for the NA. I called Clevite and that was the only bushing they had for a 7.3L. I decided to let the machine shop find them since they are going to press them in and size them. They had the same problem. I know they had ordered Powerstroke bushings and are going to try them but I haven't heard back. I think the Powerstroke bushings are the correct diameter but are wider. I saw those on eBay a while ago and didn't know if that was the correct part number and then I couldn't find them again. I'll check with my Ford guy today for a part number if that is the correct number I will get them. Even if the machine shop finds something I'll have these set back

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F3TZ-6207-A Is the number tor the IDIT piston pin bushings.
According to my ford guy, there are still some available around the country. No longer available from Ford. I talked to the machine shop this morning and they did install the 7.3L Powerstroke bushings. he said he narrowed them by about .080 and then honed them. I will know tonight what they look like.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Justin uses the psd wrist pin bushings, you can probably get the idit ones from international, they’ve been more reliable than ford in my experience

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Justin uses the psd wrist pin bushings, you can probably get the idit ones from international, they’ve been more reliable than ford in my experience

I see Justin narrows the Powerstroke rods for our engine so I figured the pin bushing would probably work if narrowed. Except that the rotating assembly would need to be balanced I might have considered those narrowed rods.
I went ahead and ordered a new oil cooler from Ford since the other one didn't pan out. He said around $300.00 or less to my door.
I may have to find an International dealer if I can't find things I need. If these rods are good to go I hope to find some time to assemble the bottom end in the next week or so. I don't know about you I can't keep up with shop work.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think he uses it on his regular idit rebuilds too, since he’s been doing some crate engine work.

It’s tough making time to work on your own stuff, I tried to knock out the engine build and swap in my truck over the longer weekend but got a bunch of orders during the holiday so now I’m playing catch-up, it never ends but it’s better to be busy than the alternative.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the rods back from the machine shop on Friday. I'm not exactly pleased. They look good but they measure out way above spec. According to the book, the Inside diameter should be 1.0386. The largest one is measuring 1.311 and the smallest 1.309. I had a bad feeling about putting new bushings in and almost didn't. I am not a fan of any machine shop (for reasons like this) and this is the best one in our area. I just didn't like what looked like hot spots on the original bushings. They were used rods so I didn't know their history. Some times you just need to go with your gut feeling. I'm not sure what to do at this point. A call to the machine shop is in order for sure. At this point, it is a colossal waste of $274.00.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be calling them too. Hopefully, they'll work with you.

After a 20 minute conversation, we finally agreed to a redo. I do a lot of business with this machine shop in the course of my business. It would be a good idea for them to take care of me. I did order the Ford factory bushings off of eBay this morning F3TZ-6207-A rather than the Powerstroke bushings. We'll see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.