Engine issues

psy9zach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been sitting for about 2-3 hours went out and started it had the radiator cap open the driveway everything behind the truck is smoky like hell but no burbling smoke or anything out of the radiator when cold

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk

psy9zach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's basically where I'm at as far as I can tell but I dont have a tachometer or a ferret gauge which seems to be what you need I think the blue is bc of the diesel kleen

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue is retarded timing, typically 6+ degrees retarded. White is even more retarded, enough that it's actually missing.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I am wondering if you need to adjust the valves???
The valves aren't adjustable. Just torque the rocker arms down.
Let me ask this with the radiator open is it normal to get some smoke out of it well the truck is running like is that just steam?
I'll now add my two cents here. From reading this post, it sounds like you're seeing something coming out of the radiator only when the engine's running, at operating temperature, thermostat open, and radiator cap off. If this is true, then it's normal and it's just steam coming out like you guessed earlier. If I read this wrong, I apologize. I'm pretty tired right now.

psy9zach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The valves aren't adjustable. Just torque the rocker arms down.

I'll now add my two cents here. From reading this post, it sounds like you're seeing something coming out of the radiator only when the engine's running, at operating temperature, thermostat open, and radiator cap off. If this is true, then it's normal and it's just steam coming out like you guessed earlier. If I read this wrong, I apologize. I'm pretty tired right now.
No your correct I had just taken it up and down the road and the gauge read at normal operating temp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance