electrical pug on e4od

bluecollar

Reaction score
On pass. side of tranny behind the tin heat shield is a plug with wires. Can anybody tell me what these are for because the insulation is gone on just about all of the individual wires and bare copper is all that's left where it enters the harness. I'm trying to diagnose this hard shifting and holding gears too long. OD light has never blinked on panel but it does work if I push it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
those wires are what do the shifting---------------sooooo--i believe you can get a sort chunk of repair harness from ford--dont remember the part no-----DONT mix up the wires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That connector goes to the solenoid pack, which controls the up / downshifts and line pressure.

If the copper is not corroded, each wire can be removed from the plastic connector, shrink wrapped and replaced (The pins are removeable from the plastic holder).

More likely the wires are corroded and you will need to cut the end off of another Ford truck or van and splice the harnesses. Most 3/4 ton and 1 tons from 89 up use the E4OD.

bluecollar

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!! Bookmarked that site, looks like a nice parts supply place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online