Electric fuel pump

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afternoon guys. Quick question. I own a 7.3 cclb auto and I am relatively new to 7.3s. I am aware They have a cam driving fuel pickup in the valley. I installed a 105 gallon fuel tank in the bed and ran my front tank lift pump into the 105 tank. So my fuel switch is front for 105 gallons or rear for the 36 tank. ( i do over the road hauling with mine.) Anyhow my question is can i install a small in line electronic fuel pump on the frame after the fuel valve? Something along the lines of a 40psi while still haveing the motor pump working? So basically the frame pump would pull from the tanks and push to the motor and the motor pump would take over from there? Would that work? I just can't dish out 700 to 1500 for a fass or airdog fuel kit. Or would the pumps be fighting each other? Thanks Everyone for the help.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Right each other. And you run into the same issue as the IDI. (Filling the crank case with fuel)
Really, just piece together your own kit using a sd stock pump. Much cheaper.
Or go with Mark fuggazotto kit/pieces.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the mechanical in the valley pump to electric (I have both versions). At least the mechanical pump will give you some warning (weep hole leak) before it fails unlike the electric pump on the frame rail.

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now the truck is basically stock with only acat 6673 cat intake filter, 3 inch down pipe to 4 ibch exhaust and a ts 6 position. I have plans on putting bigger injectors onAround 160cc , better turbo with upgrades wheels on both sides, and I just wanted to make sure a valley pump can handle those upgrades.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Upgraded exducer? Lol where?
Man, if I had more time, I would pull the efuel off my truck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk