snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I used a stock 6.0 HFCM in my OBS.

You must be registered for see images attach

So that's what that thing looks like!!!! LOL

On a 4x4 6.0 it so tucked in behind everything it's hard to see and get to..... I've learned the tricks, but out in the open like that would have been nice. On my Excursion with having the rear mounted 44 gallon tank, vs the side tank on a pickup, there is several feet of open frame rail not far behind where it's mounted..... but no, is beside the transfer case, above the crossmember...... LOL

Just for reference for anyone coming across this thread and wondering about the filters, and the post filter comment...

The 6.0 HFCM (Horizontal Fuel Conditioning Module) is the the primary filter, water separator, Water In Fuel sensor, Fuel Heater (Not used in later 6.0 and eliminated from the HFCM on later production vehicles and the replacements) fuel lift pump (capable of 60+ PSI, regulated at the secondary filter, pressure regulator assembly on the engine) and the fuel return location.

The 6.0 uses the Motorcraft FL-2016 replacement filter kit, which has both filters and replacement o-rings for the caps (the 6.0 uses cartridge style filters, so there is a permanent housing and removeable cap).

The primary filter is a 10 micron filter, and has the water block membrane to facilitate water separation.

The secondary filter, mounted on the engine near the oil filter is a 4 micron filter.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Some reason I thought that the primary was larger micron. (Never bothered to look)
That's already on part with the 7.3 filter, iirc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
My buddy plumbed dual stock SD pumps on his '99 PSD (on switches; one running at a time.)That was his way of covering for a pump dying on him.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went a little over board on mine for fuel lines.

Mine goes from selector valve to the fuel pump then #6 (3/8) hydraulic hose to the filter head. Filter head to custom steal lines with another hydraulic hose. It works and I don't have hose clamps go leak. I did have to make custom fittings to go from the metric threaded pump to a #6 hose but brazing fittings together doesn't bother me.

Lines in the valley

Only pic I have of the engine to help show the filter plumbing.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and the valley lines are 5/16 brake line. I wanted to get away from any olive fittings. As you can see it was much easier to mock up on a stand. I probably wouldn't have went that route if it was in the truck. It was a ****** getting those to clear the turbo just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk