electric fuel pump needs

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i assume the install will be easy ill run it off my fss wire
should i add a relay the fss got a 30a switch on a 15 amp fuse?
i think ill order it from genlightning sounds like a good deal

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carrier transcold pump is the way to go, picked it up from Genlightning, installed it, primes right up after fuel system servicing, adds the protection of an additional screen and filter bowl. Plus no more dealing with low quality garbage mechanical pumps that fail constantly. Heres a pic of it installed

You must be registered for see images attach

If you search you can find the writeup I did for installing it, pretty simple.

Ditto here. I installed an l bracket of steel off the bolts on my fuel filter tower and installed the fuel pump and my coolant filter and it seems to still be intact :)

And it would be smart to relay it and fuse it. Use the ip power as your relay trigger. Power from the battery, I myself have little auto reset breakers for that kind of stuff and my headlights, etc. that seem to have held up well.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you run the WVO/WMO be aware that the transicold pump doesn't like them. It works great for diesel, but I am contmeplating putting the factory lift pump back in and using the carrier for priming because it won't pump the thick stuff at all.

wmoguy

Reaction score
If you run the WVO/WMO be aware that the transicold pump doesn't like them. It works great for diesel, but I am contmeplating putting the factory lift pump back in and using the carrier for priming because it won't pump the thick stuff at all.

thats what this pump is for. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20120202_073151.jpg
    20120202_073151.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 7

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tee'd into the fss with a splice connector and had that run to a relay with a fuse. Pics of the install in my album