Edge Juice ??

4x4man

Reaction score
This all depends on the weather...we got quite a bit of snow down here over night and it is still coming down, not sure what you got up there. I am game to meet at the I-25 and H34 exit. If I remember correctly there is a park-n-ride parking lot right in that area?? I don't mind car pooling, my only concern is if I needed to go, I don't want to spoil it for you and have to make you leave early. I guess we'll play this one by ear, and we'll keep tabs on the weather to see if I can make it up....
Bob

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob you are correct about the Park and ride. You have to exit to loveland, go west 300 yards and turn right. It is right there. The factoryoutlet malls and Sportsman WH is in the area as well for parking.

The snow here(1") is already melting, however it is still grey and dark with rain, hard to tell what is yet to come. Maybe you can atleast meat me there and then follow me?

Matt thanks for the update on the dyno day being arranged by the TDR. The gy on the phone told me the story I typed? TOOBAD I do not have enough Torque to make the Dmax down to the rollers.

4x4man

Reaction score
Bronco,

The snow is starting to let up down here, we probably got 4-6" in the tech center, but the roads seem to be just wet now. If they stay that way, I will be there. I have no problems meeting at the park-n-ride and then following you down. If you want, you can dyno your truck with my Juice box if you want to see what your truck does stock, then on the 90 for a compairison. When I dyno'd it last Nov in Denver, I got 374hp and 684tq with the 90 Edge, Summit 4" exhaust and worn down 265's. Hopefully they can get people through pretty quickly, the last Ford dyno event I went to in Nov, I waited nearly 7 hours to put my truck on the dyno and I think I was like number 18 or 20!! To much f%&$ing around...
What time do you want to meet up at the PnR??
Bob

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob,

The warden gave me a free pass for the entire day. The P&R is only 30 minutes from me. You make the call. Whatever is easiest for you.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met 4x4 man ( Bob) yesterday. He let me install his standard 90HP juice with no attitude. It was preset at 90HP and then level 1 in towhaul. That is all i know about it.

Truck ran strong. I personally did not see much smoke if any. Did not notice much defueling or tranny learn time. This was all good. Cruise control worked good as well.

I was dissapointed that the performance of the truck was still very dependent on turbo boost and lag was still noticable. I was also dissapointed that the very upper RPMS tended to taper off as we approached shift, nature of the beast.

2 minutes to install, 2 minutes too uninstall. No side affects what so ever.

Thanks Bob!

BTW we saw a Dodge put down 675HP and 1500 ft/lbs of TQ.

Max Power

Reaction score
Turbo lag is turbo lag. Can't do much about it. If you have the attitude you can set up the low boost fueling which will help the turbo spool up faster but you're going to get more smoke. Nature of the beast.

What you are seeing with the upper RPM's tapering off as you approached a shift is called defueling. It is the juice backing off to protect the tranny. As your tranny gets used to the extra power you will see almost none if any defueling. You will see full power right into the shift.

The 90hp juice has almost no smoke at all. You would have a hard time getting smoke.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you set the low boost to level 5, I understand there will be a considerable puff of smoke. What is the low speed throttle response like at level 5 lowboost? Can you nab the gass and burn out from a standstill?

Max Power

Reaction score
I wouldn't say considerable but there is smoke. You have to remember you are also going up from a 90hp level to 125 too.

The low speed throttle response is quite a bit better but its still not as god as you would hope. No box can compensate for that. The LLY should be better with the VVT.

Yes you burn out from a standstill but still not like a big block gasser would.