Edge Juice ??

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am on the market for a power enhancing device. Preferebally a module but maybe a dowloader?

What all funtions can a Edge adjust?

What all funtions can be monitored on the attitude?

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody here can tell me what the EDGE monitors? Come on!!!!! MAX I thought you wrote the instruction manual for the damn thing. LOL

While you are at it , can some body tell me the best place/price on a Hot Edge with Attitude?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not positive on the best price, but I have heard that con's was the cheapest about 4 months ago....

The Juice adjusts timing, pulse width, and transmittion shifts.....

You can adjust tire size, amount of low fuel boost, and juice backooff specs for boost and egt.

Monitors EGT, Boost, Gear, Speed, trans slip, TC slip, Backdown, Engine temp, RPM, and a few more.

Im supprised you would go with Hot juice since you have been an advocate of only adding the amount of power to your truck that will not decrease the life of any components.....

JMHO without a tranny mod.. the normal juice will give you 125 HP with the attitude, and will keep you more than happy.......

Brian

Max Power

Reaction score
The normal juice with attitude (125) is maximum for the stock tranny in OD. With the Hot juice/attitude you are not using anywhere near the full power in OD. IMO start with the juice/attitude and get it reflashed to HOT down the road if you get your tranny done.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets be realilistic. Both modules can hurt your tranny and engine. I only want the Hot for long term improvements.

Max Power

Reaction score
Actually with defueling set to all lock shifts it would be pretty darn hard to hurt your tranny. It looks after it pretty well.

sc-dmax

Reaction score
Bronco, you have a PM. By the way did you see where Hoot now is the proud(?) owner of a DODGE?!?

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an EDGE question. When you set the EDGE to defuel, can you adjust the amount/percentage of defuel or does EDGE decide the amount?

Max Power

Reaction score
Edge decides the amount based on slippage. So once the tranny gets used to the power and there is no more slipage even though you have it set to defuel you will see little to no defuel.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight inregars to new products. Standard EDGE no Attitude 40-90HP.
Standard Edge with Attitude 40-125HP. HOT EDGE with Attitude 60-150HP? IdS this correct? Version 4.73 latest greatest?

Max Power

Reaction score
You have it right. The hot is rated 145 IIRC but with a built tranny it has been known to put down 160-180 and some have said even as much as 200.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Edge question. I have 265/75 r16 ties and stocke rear axel gears. What power level can I use day in and day out? I will not be towing but I have been knowin to mash it quite a bit. I do not speed but I like to get to the limit as quick as possible. I have a bone stock tranny.

Max Power

Reaction score
I also run 265/75/16's. Most say you can run 90hp no problem all day. Some say this is a conservative safe number. Those same people say you can run 125 all day long. I personally believe 90hp is the safe limit but I wouldn't be afrain to run 125. 125 is pushing the limit but feels comfortable and the truck handles it very well. I started with 90 ran that for about 10,000 miles then got the attitude upgrade and ran that for another 5,000 or so. Then I upgraded to the hot juice/attitude 145+. I run mine on level 5 and low boost fueling 5 but I have it set to defuel on 4-5 shift. It seems to handle the 145 really well in gears 1-4 although I know deep down that it is not good for the stock tranny. I plan on upgrading my tranny so I am not too worried. Now 5th gear is a different story. It is definately backing off to save the from slipping. If you shut off the defuel it pulls a lot harder but I can zing it with ease.

My advice would be buy the reg juice/attitude. It is PLENTY of power and you are on the safer side. If you buy the hjat you will use it and will likely cause trouble. To be honest with you, on a stock tranny you aren't really going to see any performance increase from the regular juice to the hot. Just more smoke. The best 0-60 time I have ever run with my reg juice/attitude was 5.9 seconds on winter fuel. Now with my hj/at the best I have run is 6.2 seconds. BUT I also went with bigger tires in there somewhere. So I am not comparing apples to apples anymore. I think the hj/at is actually making too much for the stock tranny and it is defueling too much between shifts and therefor actually decreasing performance. Once I have my tranny done I will know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online