Early 90's Turbo

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I got back with the turbo. The guy said something about the turbo hooking to the fuel filter housing? IDK I took a bunch of pictures of it so you all can help me figure out what I need to get for it to make it complete. There is no play in it either.

Anyone need a 7.3 fuel filter housing?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Im completly new to turbos so bear with me.

What does this go to?
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like something plugs in here?

I assume this is where the oil line goes?

IS there anywhere online that has a manual or instructions to installing and knowing what all the parts do on this?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You got a hell of a deal there... That o-ring in the pedistal manifold bolts to the back of your intake manifold where the now CRD valve is located.... Then it dumps the oil back into the valley pan grommet where the cdr valve used to dump., Nice score again....;Sweet:thumbsup:

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS PARTS & INSTALLATION

Here's an installation and parts sheets for your turbo or one like yours. Most of the little bits and pieces you'll need to "freshen" the install are still available from ATS. They have a kit of all the rubber parts for a decent price, better than buying them one at a time and paying postage... ask me how I know...
PM me if you would like to part with that filter header, that's if you still have it.

Attachments

• 7.3-WG-Ford-Turbo-System-Layout-sm-A1.pdf
    228.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 7.3-WG-Ford-Turbo-System-Install.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 7

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Thanks! is there an online manual to this thing? Id like to learn what everything does on this?

Anyone know what else I will need?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Good job! When you install it make sure to use an awl to perforate all the layers of the valley pan where the drain plugs into (get a grommet for the drain too). The pic with the electrical connection is for the oil pressure gauge. You'll need a seal of some sort for the hold down bolt for the intake hat. Maybe a new intake filter to fit a cold air system....

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I need to compile a list here of what all I need. Sorry for all the questions, Im really excited about having a turbo and I want to get it on there, but want all the pieces I need before going about doing this.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Good job! When you install it make sure to use an awl to perforate all the layers of the valley pan where the drain plugs into (get a grommet for the drain too). ..

This only applies if you still have the original valley pan on the thing. If the engine has been rebuilt or the valley pan gasket replaced anytime after the turbo engines were introduced in '93 , then the replacement valley pan that you have in there now is already one that is designed for a factory turbo engine and will not need to be modified. On the early aftermarket turbo kits that were sold, instructions said to perforate the valley pan, but that was before the factory turbo engines came out. Once the factory turbo engines were released, all the valley pans made from that point on were made to the turbo spec, you cannot buy an N/A valley pan any more, they are all currently made to handle the oil volume of the turbo return. If the engine history is unknown, Punch away :D

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
If any of you have some of the parts I need PM ME please, like the crossover, down pipe, air breather assembly, valve cover for CDR, and anything else Im missing.

When your talking about the valley pan can you elaborate a little on what your talking about when you say it needs perforated?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunnodont know if these will help, but this is my fac. ats setup. pictures arent that great but may help w/ location or what not.

Attachments

• DSCF0749_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF0749_edited-1.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0750_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF0750_edited-1.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member