E4OD transmission question

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well typically on cost your going to spend $500 +/- for just labor to remove the trans... then add rebuild cost, Id bet the parts are only $1000-$1500 and the rest is all labor...

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought my truck w/ a reciept for the newly rebuilt tranny. local shop was $3500 w/ 1 yr warranty.

Hard to remember now, but I think BTS had one rebuild with a lifetime warranty for around the same price when I was looking at 4r100s last year.

still over budget, but worth looking into. nothing worse than throwing down 2k and finding you could have had something better for a little more

Rob94F250

Reaction score
Another nod for the Tru-cool tranny coolers. I also really like having a tranny gauge on my truck. Back out of the foot feed when the temps start to climb on the hot days.

GM offers a rebuilt tranny, complete with a 3yr 60,000 mile dealer warranty. I put one in my Suburban, and it has worked great. The cost was very comparable to having mine rebuilt (although I did end up installing it myself). It was the warranty that sold me on it. I see that Mopar is offering a similar type of rebuild, so Ford may also have something comparable.

I think if my E4OD were to go, I would start rowing the gears. Cuts down on the number of people that can "borrow" your truck.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I bought a Ford re-man trans a few months ago. Work fine, and I pull a backhoe on a 10 ton trailer with it. The only reason I chose the factory re-man - - 3 yr, 75,000 mi. warranty, at any dealership in the country. No deductable. I think it was about $3100..
I did put in the trans temp gauge as suggested.
So far, so good.
Good luck,
Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online