e4od trans issue help appreciated

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi fellas i took the truck down a trail this past weekend and seemed to have lost 1st gear..so i think? feels like the truck is dragging almost as if you have your foot on the brake pedal. once the truck is moving, no issues it shifts fine. its that slow dragging start.

if i manually shift the tree to 1st its alot worse than drive. will basically bring the truck to a complete stop. 2nd also feels like drag

reverse gear is right there and responding 100%

ive checked for voltage at the trans plug and has 12v
also ohms across the shift solenoid
1- 26.8
2- .302~- problem?

changed the vss because i already had and it ive checked and cleaned connections.

swapped the eec with horn relay and still no go

i dont know much about auto trans so im trying to learn and i dont know of my problem lies internally, a shift pack, electrically, pressure issue? if yall have some guidance or a direction to go im open and all ears. also im not throwing any codes

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possibly it may have first gear and something is worn or broken causing that dragging feeling

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the O/D light always on but dim? I had my TCM fuse blow and it reacted very similar. Turned out my (unnecessary) fuel preheater was blowing the fuse.

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont think so when i hit the button the od light comes on bright. the o/d function works as well of that matters any

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely check the fuse. Mine was extremely sluggish at take off as in could barely move without massive revs from the engine. Reverse was fine. Checked/replaced the fuse and it was fixed

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked fuse #22 it wasnt blown but was def worth the check...possible the tcm is not getting power or what else could cause this horrible accel problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online