E4od torque converter look up issue

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1994 idi f350 e4od was rebuilt 2years ago billet converter all the goodies in the trans, I have not had a single issue out of it till this week. The converter will not look up unless i am going 60 and press the pedel almost to the floor it will lock up for about 10 sec then disengage. I set my FIPL sensor back in the summer have not rechecked it yet. The only change i have made to the truck is i replaced the back taillights with led's, I have seen post saying the taillights can cause problems. I also noticed when pulling my 3 axle trailer that the brake controller was applying the breaks just a little wile costing and if i turned the gain off I could feel the breaks release without my foot on the break (new issue). My question, could there be a electrical feed back possibility causing the issue with the T/C. where would you guys start... thanks (Fluid level is full)

Last edited:

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The VSS on top of the rear end. Does your speedometer work OK? if not it might be the VSS (speed sensor).

Ddizzy77

Reaction score
Check the throttle position sensor, it might be bad or set up wrong. Would be worth it to go back to regular bulbs also.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1000000% the leds.

They need resistors or they screw up the whole system. Don't dare turn your turn signal on going up a hill until you either get load resisters [they have them at auto parts stores by the bulbs] or put the old bulbs back in for now.

Dad's idi got leds and it was like draining quarts of atf out and cutting random wires. It was a mess. Changed bulbs back and truck was normal again.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve answered your own question in the first post. Like everyone else has said, it’s your rear light bulbs.
Keep these trucks basic without the eye glitter and they will work well for ya.

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG just ran out bought new bulbs (old style) problem all fixed I would of bet a paycheck that would not have been possible. I thank u all that was the cheapest fixed i have ever came across.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
OMG just ran out bought new bulbs (old style) problem all fixed I would of bet a paycheck that would not have been possible. I thank u all that was the cheapest fixed i have ever came across.

Glad you fixed it cheaply and that this forum was a big help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online