E4OD SHIFTING

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. The line pressure is raised during the entire operation. The resister causes the low solenoid to reduce it's operation, and allowing the high pressure solenoid to remain constaint (beings as you cannot add voltage to the already (or current) voltage (or signal) being sent from the ecu to the EPC (high)(electronic pressure control), you have to limit the voltage (signal) being sent to the EPC (low)). This causes the line pressure to raise during the entire operation, including over drive, and lock up. And that is the main reason I have decided to use this trick. Everyone knows that there is not much material on the lock up clutch in the torque converter, so it seems reason enough to increase the clamping force of this clutch, and all the others; including improving shift holding, increasing the speed of the shift (thus decreasing shift time, and slipage).

Marq

hamrev

Reaction score
Thanks to You both, M.L.S.C. and Marq. I was hoping that was the case 'cause I'm starting to get some slippage while pulling my farm tractor. I don't know what they cost but Superior Transmission Parts, Inc. sells individual resistor pressure risers, or driver adjustable models too. I wish that I could read what it says in the lid of the Master Kit. Maybe I would be able to figure out what ohm ratings they use.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:
http://www.superior-transmission.com/products/electronics/elec_sol.htm

Revis