e4od question

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i replaced my transmission recently an e4od with an e4od and the only problem with the last one was that the pump seal went and i thought the other one in my garage was a perfect replacement which in theory it was. but after i did the job now the new used transmission revs super high in first gear to get the truck moving what could be causing that? also the OD light flashes but not all the time only some times....could low fluid cause that? and lastly when the OD light isnt flashing and i hit the button to turn OD off nothing happens at all same with turning it back on. normal rpms shoot up when turning it off but it dose nothing so looking for some help thanks everyone.

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh sorry its a 1993 7.3idi turbo (factory) 4x4 e4od cclb and the replacment transmission came from 1992 7.3idi non turbo 4x4 eclb

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
When the OD OFF light flashes, you have codes. Get them pulled. The high revving is because your tranny is starting in a higher gear.

You need to find out why there is no power to the solenoid pack. Check the harness.