e4od question

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone have a quick question is there anyway by chance you can tell if a trans has a shift kit in it? I ask because the trans pump on my e4od went out on my 93 idi turbo 4x4 and I am not the orignal owner and the trans has been out before. Luckly I had another trans from a 92 idi nonturbo 4x4 I swapped it out with both trans were orignal to there truck. Is it the fact one is for a turbo and one is not making a diffrence? Before the trans pump went out the truck **** off fast as hell from the line felt like 0 to 60 in 5 secs now with the nonturbo trans in it, its slow as all hell at take off like all power no horse. So I was wondering if the turbo trans had maybe a shift kit in it or they geared diffrent or what thanks for any help and sorry for any confusin

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If the tranny has been outa shift kit could have been installed. The only way to tell is drop the accumulator body and have a look.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If you see a metal plate just above the accumulator body it has been modified. TransGo kit is set up this way

There is a catch. The accumulator body could be modified by changing the springs and uses shims. The only way to tell is to know what you're looking at.

You could place both bodies side by side and compare the parts. Or swap the 93 body to your 92 tranny.:D

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the help. What kind of mods would you recommend to get the truck to get up and go faster for the Trans first gear seems to be the only one that got way slowed down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert