E4OD parts

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the reverse planet isnt concerning me too much. I do have 4 plates in the OD clutch. I put in red eagle coast clutch frictions and kolene steels, I would have liked to upgrade that pack since this truck has an exhaust brake but I dont have the time or money right now.

I have the trans fully assembled but I was checking the clutches with air pressure and my direct clutch circuit is leaking a bit and im not sure how much would be acceptable. clutch still makes a nice thud when I hit it with air but i can hear a hissing. I think it is just the cast iron sealing rings, I didnt use grease on them, just ATF.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was reviewing my manuals trying to figure out the path of the direct clutch circuit and I realized that it goes from the valve body into the center support, but not through the two bolts that secure the center support, its a third passage to the side of those bolts, but i dont see anything to seal it. I believe this to be where my air leak is.

any ideas?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that mine leaked a little too. I think the cast iron sealing rings will always leak a small amount but you also have the issue of them having to break in too. ATF is after all, much more viscous than air.

I might not be following though. What doesn't have a seal? The third bolt?

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I wanted to hear! Not the third bolt that goes into the intermediate/overdrive cylinder, but the third passage in the center support. Like I said its a slight leak, and I have no doubt that the ATF is going to seal a lot better than air.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news! trans is installed and working perfect! Im very happy with the transgo tugger kit, shifts are nice and firm when into the throttle but smooth if you go easy on it. TC lockup is much firmer as well. I think this setup should last me for quite a while, especially cause im going to ditch the exhaust brake.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the truck up on the hoist and have had enough of these trucks to have practiced trans R&R more than once LOL. its all the stuff like driveshafts, T case, crossmember, skid plate and shifters that take all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins