E4OD hard shifts

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
So we've had this transmission on here ever since I got it rebuilt. We put on a new FIPL sensor and we have idol adjusted at 1.1. I had a broken wire that occurred over my pumpkin for the VSS, but that has been since repaired my tack works perfect. I do have another PCM on the way that I found from an exact 93 F250 7.3 IDI with the E4OD. I am still waiting for that it just hasn't arrived yet. I am going to put the new transmission solenoid repair harness on today that I ordered from our forum suggestions. The problem I am getting still is it still seems to be in highline pressure it just shifts hard enough that you feel the vehicle rock back-and-forth when it shifts. It doesn't shift hard all of the time and it's not really a specific gear when the vehicle is cold it shifts perfect after it is warmed up that is what it tends to shift harder. But it has been known once or twice to even shift hard when it was cold. The transmission shop that rebuilt it wants to charge me $80 per hour to decipher electrical although I believe I've pretty much deciphered everything except for putting in aNother working PCM. Which is probably good to have a spare on hand. Not sure if I missed any other electrical items but I am assuming that I am pretty much rolling out there electrical issue they're talking about except I have not checked the MIPL, because it seems to shift through its gears fine it's just shifting hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

InnovativeAV

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I have a friend with a Solus. And we do not have any transmission codes. Or any codes for the truck

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
I chased my teeth braking shifts forever to no avail. I also have the issue of it not shifting to the next gear unless I let off the gas. Doesn't matter if it's fast or slow acceleration. Luckily I parked the truck for awhile. Now that I'm getting it back on the road I will dig yet again to find an answer. My guess is my transmission. I'll change the solenoid pack and if that doesn't do it I'll change transmissions. I tried everything under the sun. Trackspeeder was a great help suggestions issues. Might ask him. Check my threads.

kmoody

Reaction score
So we've had this transmission on here ever since I got it rebuilt. We put on a new FIPL sensor and we have idol adjusted at 1.1. I had a broken wire that occurred over my pumpkin for the VSS, but that has been since repaired my tack works perfect. I do have another PCM on the way that I found from an exact 93 F250 7.3 IDI with the E4OD. I am still waiting for that it just hasn't arrived yet. I am going to put the new transmission solenoid repair harness on today that I ordered from our forum suggestions. The problem I am getting still is it still seems to be in highline pressure it just shifts hard enough that you feel the vehicle rock back-and-forth when it shifts. It doesn't shift hard all of the time and it's not really a specific gear when the vehicle is cold it shifts perfect after it is warmed up that is what it tends to shift harder. But it has been known once or twice to even shift hard when it was cold. The transmission shop that rebuilt it wants to charge me $80 per hour to decipher electrical although I believe I've pretty much deciphered everything except for putting in aNother working PCM. Which is probably good to have a spare on hand. Not sure if I missed any other electrical items but I am assuming that I am pretty much rolling out there electrical issue they're talking about except I have not checked the MIPL, because it seems to shift through its gears fine it's just shifting hard.

Did you ever find out the issue? My idi has had this exact problem since I bought it 7 years ago

Christian9112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find out the issue? My idi has had this exact problem since I bought it 7 years ago
this is a 2015 post man. His transmission shop probably didnt get the clutch clearances correctly. he says it only happens when it's hot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online