e4od electrical control question

93 f350cc 7.3 na

Reaction score
What all is on an E4OD trans in the form of electrical controls and what is there function? How would one go about checking for problems in a way other than just start replacing everything and find out that they just wasted alot of money? (There is no check engine light on but that doesn't always mean anything to me)
Working on a 93

This also might lead to insight on the 92 3/4 ton shifting in and out of third and overdrive every two seconds with out changing speed or throtle movement. (Just a thought, not to concerned about this truck just the one ton.)

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
A modified EEC-IV computer has the following inputs and outputs on an IDI truck...

Engine RPM sensor
Power from underhood fuse box
Stoplight switch signal
Speedo (92+) signal
AC clutch signal
4x4 indicator signal
Overdrive lockout switch
Fuel Injector Pump Lever Sensor
Barometric pressure sensor
Manual Lever Position sensor (shifter "linkage" sensor)
Tach
Power Relay

And through one connector to the tranny...
Clutch Coast sol
TCC sol
1 and 2 shift sol
Electronic pressure control sol
Oil temp sensor

On the EEC-IV computer, not all codes will set a CE light, so first thing to do would be pull the codes.

Adrianspeeder

aaklingler

Reaction score
Yeah, pull the codes. What does it do? Have you checked the fipl on either truck. Don't let your 250 do that or you'll be buying a new tranny, either change your speed or manually put it in third.

93 f350cc 7.3 na

Reaction score
The more I think this investment over on having the E4OD repaired I begin to see the potential of being nickel and dimed to death. I started to look into zf5 conversion and think if parts are reasonable it would be worth going in that direction.
As for the f250, the truck is completly beat up on the outside and the tires are seperating in the driveway. (Became parts truck for one ton) I stoped driving the thing because the inside door handle broke so I bought a new one and it snaped on the first pull, got tired of opening the door from the outside. But if it might of been something stupid with the shifting I would fix that then look into the less that practical items.
Thanks for the info on the electrical items though. And if anyone has any insight into the zf swap I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online