E4OD crank spacers and reenforcement plates

ironmanavy

Reaction score
I found an OEM crank spacer and reenforcement washer for the later E4OD stamped flexplate. I was thinking about having a local machinist make some. 1 as a backup for me and maybe a couple for anyone who wants one. Just wanted to throw this out there and see if there is any interest. Not sure on the price yet.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They are needed ONLY when someone converts to this style flex plate or they let the oem part stay on the crank when they sent it off a trade in or for repairs. The dimensional bolt pattern is critical as is the fit to the crank. Its almost a size on size fit. Also same with the converter fit area. Go for it. Ford stopped making them many years ago. Brian's Truck Shop (BTS) in Leadhill Arkansas makes them.

ironmanavy

Reaction score
I got it from Brian he said it was one of 2 he had and doesn't have plans to make any. He said the spacers he had were OEM he bought all he could find when he heard they weren't making them anymore. It was his idea to get them copied.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sure did about 10 years ago.He had a machine shop fab one for me but.. They made it about 1/2 inch too thin. Me not knowing what the oem looked like I installed what he sold me..Then found the crank bolts went thru the crank flange and contacted the edge of the rear main bearing journal. Four of the bolts rounded the first thread. I noticed the gear was contacting the starter gear and it was not tight to the spacer sooooo.Backing out bolts with rounded over threads was a job in patience. I ended up grinding off the bad threads. chasing the crank flange threads but found them unharmed.So I was really pissed but what the hell.We learn. So I purchased three spacers from members. Remember to apply sealer to these crank bolts of sure nuff you will have oil leaking past the threads ruining a clean underside of your rig.