e40d swap

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried the test of using the breaks to test the torque converter lockup and there was no difference in RPM...what else could I try?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that you know it's not locking,you've got to figure out why.there's a really good detailed thread for code 62 around here showing just about every possibility before condemning the converter itself.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code 62. I will look into that,
What if my ID light isn't blinking? I thought it had to be blinking in order for the code to be thrown?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you put the steering column shift lever in Neutral, then adjust the MLPS and line up the neutral mark on it?

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oldbull8 I belive my son did that... I will double check his work.... so what's the story on the MLPS switch? I have the original black one and a tan one that came with the replacement transmission... I switched to the black one, shuld I use it or the tan one?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I would spend the money on a new transmission range sensor (MLPS) over a used part.

If the OD OFF light is not flashing stored codes will be sketchy. Scan it anyways.

Many times if the lock up valve in the pump is stuck. The converter will not lock. There will be no codes, because the TCM can not pick up a mechanical issue.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MLPS checked out ok by a local transmission shop, the owner has an IDI. They said there is torque converter 'residue'(?) In the pan.
So it needs a new torque converter the guy I got the tranny from is willing to pay for half ($400)apox.... from a company called Axiom , has anyone used their "billet triple disk converter"?
What part number was it?
Any pictures?
What did it look like?
I want to make sure I get what I'm told I will get.
Thanks.