E40D Service and Rebuild

CaptainMorgan556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone,
My trans has had shifting issues for the entire time I've had it, even before I owned it and it was my buddies truck. Well I'm gonna replace the fluid (4 Gallons Valvoline Max Life ATF) and filter, and put in a little Lubegard Red, and see if that helps at all, if there's a good amount of metal down there it'll be time to be thinking about a rebuild. Anyone know how much That might cost? Laborwise. For parts I'll do a Monster in a Box Kit with one of their TCs, that puts me at about $1200 in parts but hopefully it'll be worth it and make my trans last the rest of the trucks life. Not to mention be able to handle a good amount of power.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
With labor a rebuild can run anywhere from $1200- $5000. bucks. Price depends on how much machine work will be involved during the rebuild.

CaptainMorgan556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had to do it before so I was just wondering the labor involved. If I get it done I want to have to never do it again lol

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a 4R100 for components, they're around on Craigslist and such, and MUCH stronger.

Eli

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The only change if using 4R100 internals would be the intermediate drum. E4 uses a full splined drum. 4R is only splined half way. They are known to strip out under heavy loads.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If ya need a new pump, I've got one, it's not a PWM. Bought it for a 99.5 4R100. Got it when I was on the road, and thought it was going out. PM me if interested.

Edit: Whoops, ya got a E4OD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online