Dynoing my truck

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Hey all, I would really like to dyno this thing, so I have a couple of questions for you guys.

First off, do any of you have a list of places that have dyno's? I would like to have it dyno'e fairly close to here, so I figured there might be one in Salem, but I would probably have to go up to Portland.

My second question is what gear should I run it in, 3rd or 4th?

I'll probably make a run, maybe two with what I have now. Then another run when I get some G code injectors in, and then maybe one or two when I get a intercooler more boost and more fuel (aka moose pump).

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Just dont blow it up. Let me tell ya man, I've been building cars for years and drag racing and all kinds of fooling around. But nothing has scared me more of blowing one up than while running on the dyno. Those guys just dont understand the rev limits of engines, they just go and go and go. And NO WAY do you let one of the "techs" from the dyno shop run your truck, not once have I seen a guy let a "shop tech" run a car for them without the car going home on a trailer.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
4th because it's a 1:1 ratio.

If they run it and it breaks then that means you didn't build it strong enough... at least that's my motto. I have two throttle settings - ON and OFF... I drive like this and trust me if it breaks then that just go to show you it's not built right.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My truck is limited to 3300 rpm's, and I've done the 30-75mph in 4th all the time while driving it around, so I dont think it'll blow (or at least hope not :D ). I'm curious as to what this thing puts down.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Even if they happen to over run the 3k mark you have a govenor that will kick in and hold you back - I have slapped it on all my trucks - just to make sure that it was working ya know.... They don't go boom because you hit a high rpm - lugging an engine is far worse than spinning them up.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fast performance in vancouver is the best place around. Since you havent been on a dyno they will run it. They do all the local pulls that I know of. VERY knowledgeble.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Vancouver is a bit out of the way.....well actually its way out of the way for me, but if they are a good place to get it done, then it looks like one of these weekends I'll have to head up there.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
How about, what actually sealing that intake hat will do. lol
Im still looking into those gaskets for us Justin.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
How about, what actually sealing that intake hat will do. lol
Im still looking into those gaskets for us Justin.

LOL Yeah, but it seems to hold boost fine. I mean did you see my one vid on youtube, I can hit 9psi fairly easy. I can just rev the engine in neutral and not even hit the govenor and I'll be at 1.5-2psi of boost. But definatly man, tell me when you get those gaskets figured out, I'll buy a couple off of ya ;Sweet.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything working ok Justin?? I just sold the other kit and was very adamant about cleaning the passage., That is a live and learn I dont want to do again.:mad:

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score