Dyno your truck

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Those numbers are at the wheels. Some are pretty impressive. Andy posted the results HERE.

I'd like to see a 3rd figure added. $$$$ In other words, what was spent to get those numbers. What you don't see also, is the number of engines that were blown up getting to that point. I think that one Ford belonging to "Dockboy" is on it's 5th or 6th engine, or something like that.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
To get the big numbers it does take $$$
but for smaller #s its not that bad.
as far as blowin them up, Im pushing 250k with no problems.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
We're on the 2nd page and NO IDI's ran? Kinda off topic don't ya think? Disapointing.:dunno

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shame I thought Mel would dyno at least 1 of his IDIs. Probably wouldn't have stacked up well with most of that newer stuff. Only older truck i saw on there was a 1st gen Cummins. I think a modified IDI would be around the same #s as that one.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel-
you're ******** me. Making group plans for the weekend at the rollers and noone went onto the rollers?cookoocookoocookoocookoo:dunno:dunno:dunno
I know we're not competitive on the rollers in any stretch of the imagination, but to be there a not run at all?-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went to show our interest in the newer trucks, and the change of ownership at the shop, as well as hob knob with our PSD and Dodge friends. We've gone to this event for 4 or 5 years now, and have never dyno'd for the reasons I've mentioned. We used to have a strong group that did this event. Nick, Russ, Mark Sekeres, Exiekiel, John, and Doug Bensen are just a few of the IDI guys who used to come out and support it (and none of them ever dyno'ed IDI's either except for Mark and Compudoc). Then there were other guys formerly of the MAFDC group who came out - David, Steve, and a host of others. None of those guys were there, except Scott who is a member of the hosting Dodge group. Joe and I are the only loyal enough to attend. We made a camping weekend out of it, and invited everybody, but nobody came, save for Greg Gunther who just happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped by long enough for me and Joe to mentor him on how to turn up his pump, which we did right there in the dyno parking lot and made a happy camper out of him. Don't beat on me for not rolling, when it's all I can do to get people to go to this thing. -cuss It's the sense of community I'm helping to support, not the dyno and go back to the parking lot with the laptop and try again concept (which I guess if I could do with my IDI, it would make more sense to be there).

Last edited:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
It is good to get the guys out there.
I have been going to just about all events since 2002, only missing a few lately.
I think the first one I went to, there was only 2 or 3 fords, and they were superdutys.
so at least on one hand the attendance and veriaty is up.
but common why hasnt any one dynoed one of theses Idis , I want to know if banks , hypermax, and ats inflate there power numbers for the old stuff, just like the new stuff.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think Mark is the only one who has dyno'd a turbo IDI. I did get an email from him recently, and he says hi to everybody. He hasn't been on the boards this year at all yet. His mom has cancer, and there is a lot going on with him. I don't remember what his numbers were though.

7.3IDIot

Reaction score
I heard you guys talking about it previous years, so I decided to go on a beautiful but windy Saturday 2 years ago. The closest thing I saw to an IDI even in the parking lot was a mid 80's 3/4 ton with a Cummins. I was disappointed not to see any, but it still was a neat show. Talked to some nice people watched several pulls, ate some grub, and checked out the vendors. Was very impressed with the turnout. I wondered if the turnout was as large on Sunday.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I've never been to that dyno, but I have drag raced my IDI. It was a stong IDI and I'm gonna guess at around the 200 hp mark comparing it with the but-o-meter to the 97 PSD. My first run ever with the PSD netted me 225 hp. Th eonly TURBO IDI that I know of that ever dyno'd was Travis and the big E.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I've never been to that dyno, but I have drag raced my IDI. It was a stong IDI and I'm gonna guess at around the 200 hp mark comparing it with the but-o-meter to the 97 PSD. My first run ever with the PSD netted me 225 hp. Th eonly TURBO IDI that I know of that ever dyno'd was Travis and the big E.

And you raced a non turbo IDI:D

I am toying w/ the idea come this fall. :eek: Need to see how she holds up pulling this summer. I would like to know how close to 200 / 375 I am. I know I will not beat Travis.

I agree w/ Mel that having someone else mash the go pedal is "like sharing your wife". Maybe we could get Andy to talk to the guys and see if they would let us lowly basement dwellers stay behind the wheel.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have went if it was not for the fuel prices being totally outrageous:mad:

I would have loved to hear what my exhaust sounds like going through the gears. It's kind of hard to do that when in the drivers seat. Would have also been neat to get a sound clip from it.

Heck I havent towed my camper in over a year now because of the price of fuel. I am seriously considering running WVO or at least a blend since I only have one tank and no money to get a dual fuel system setup. I also need a low profile setup to filter the stuff in small quantitys. If I could run around 50% of a blend starting and shutting down on it in the summer then i might be able to get to some of the events.

The IDI rally is out since the company I work for does not allow vacations or even sick time during holiday weeks so unless its local I will not be able to attend. local being PA like Mel's area being the furthest and the holiday would have to fall on a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online