Dyno Time!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the dyno I couldnt tell you, I was so worried about something blowing up that all I was watching was my rpms and boost. But when in on the highway I really cant get it any higher than 600F.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you running wastegated or the first gen box turbo? 5-10 is about what mine makes with some boost leakage, but I haven't done a dyno run. It certainly feels stronger than 125 whp. One thing you have to wonder is the C6 up pipe with the first gen Banks. They literally stick it in a vise to flatten it to clear the bellhousing. My new pipe was crimped down to 1.5 in in that spot, though it widens somewhat there from the crimping. I wonder how much that really chokes things off and cuts the power output.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the dyno I couldnt tell you, I was so worried about something blowing up that all I was watching was my rpms and boost. But when in on the highway I really cant get it any higher than 600F.
Sounds like you could stand a little more fuel. Mine will climb until I have to back out of it on a long hill, though I haven't done one since I put the Ferret to it and backed the timing off.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the newer version of the non-gated turbo. It looks just like the wastegated turbo but isnt. I think I might have a boost leak as well I need to track down.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're out of fuel Chris! The fuel is the limiting reactant in your combustion reaction if 600*F is all you can get (assuming this is a pre turbo pyro) even if it is post turbo you have a couple hundred degrees to play with. 122/240 is pretty weak, I have a hard time even believing that for a turbo truck. You should be in the 150-180 RWHP range.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, I know. When looking at the dyno it looks like it ran out of fuel around 2400 rpms, thats when torque stopped building and HP fell flat. Also I believe I was out of fuel because i was just blowing grey smoke, not really any black.

Interestingly enough, when I went to look at the dyno sheet that Diesel Power had on their 6.9L with the new ATS turbo we have basically the same numbers. My HP just flat lines sooner than theirs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin