DT466 bosch pump (1996 4900 International)

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Thanx for the info. I never knew that there was that much room in the flow department on the injectors. So getting another 100hp is not that hard; what do you need to do it?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Pump work: fuel plate, del. valves(.191s), timing, and gov springs. That should be right about 100. Keep in mind, it's the tork that's going to be going up by about 250, so the 100hp isn't much in comparison. On these, the torque is 2.3-2.5 times the hp level.
Then, a better turbo. You can run an S300, or even an HX40 or HX50 Holset. If you're going new, give Hi tech turbo a call, and they can set you up with the right sizing. If not, try Hypermax. Then, some day, you can get compounds! Except this one is on an older style 466.
You must be registered for see images attach

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
i'm gonna have to install stacks on the dump truck....the factory exhaust dump isn't going to sut it anymore being at car window level with all that smoke.....could be fun though!

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
My truck was too. I had it super smoky at first, and I could bury a car in smoke by pumping the pedal a few times.:D
Words of wisdom:
straight pipe is cool for the first few times, but to drive it everyday gets annoying....even to me.;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
around here, if you have a straight pipe you are ASKING for vehicle compliance to pull you over and give you a nice fine! I drove a 3406 cat like that too! To this day, that truck still has the exhaust dump lol.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Yep, it's a sled pullin truck. Goes by the name Powersnorter.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
It doesn't look like it is that hard to do, in Diesel Power (I think June 09) a reader put a DT and a Spicer in a 3500 series GM. Does 11-15mpg loaded to 25k and no need to downshift in the hills any more. He had to do a body lift and put a scoop on the hood (the engine is 42"tall x 42" long), but it's all in there and works like a dream. The Ford chassis seems to be able to support anything.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The 466 is a fairly heavy engine....the powerstroke weighs in at about 1100 pounds according to various articles I have read, and the expirence of lifting one with a massey GC 2300 tractor with a loader. The DT466 however, weigh in at about 1500 pounds. With an extra leaf sping or air levelers, it would be no worse than hanging a plow off the front of your truck. The horsepower on a dt 466 isn;t that great compared to other big truck engines, but it would be a HELL of a power plant in an F series truck! With some turbo, and pump work you could put some chipped trailer haulers to shame!

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance